Complaint Review: Cambridge Whos Who

• Submitted: Sat, July 21, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, July 21, 2007

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
Cambridge Whos Who
Manchester Whos Who, Cambridge Whos Who, Manchester Publishing Nationwide U.S.A.

Cambridge Whos Who A con-artist capitalizing on your success to rip you off Internet

Unfortunately, I am another who fell into their scam. During the phone interview process, a female by the name of Tara Gustofson lured me into signing a 5 year membership. During the consverstion, I told her I was uncomfortable giving my credit card number over the phone, and that I would like to review the package (this what they promise you after 10-15 days) first before submitting any payments. She forcely told me that this is an opportunity that will not be offerred again, and that many people in "respective" positions are members (i.e., CEO's for large companies). Thinking that this would "boost" my career, foolishly I joined without doing any further research. Shame on me! I googled "cambridge whos who" and was led to ripoff report.

The conversation occurred on friday, and after having second thoughts, I tried calling her (Tara) back, but they were closed. I again left a message on saturday to cancel and I am currently waiting to see if they respond, however judging from what I am reading, it sounds like it will be an up hill battle to get refunded. I also call my credit card company letting them know what happened and requested that they stop payment. They will be conducting an investigation on cambridge and I hope I get my money back.

For those reading this, learn from my mistake. I am proud in all that I've accomplished, however, as mentioned from the previous complaints, my ego got the best of me. Do the research before signing anything no matter how good they make you feel.

Ss
Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2007 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cambridge-Whos-Who/nationwide/Cambridge-Whos-Who-A-con-artist-capitalizing-on-your-success-to-rip-you-off-Internet-262391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cambridge Whos Who