Complaint Review: Camcar Towing

• Submitted: Sun, November 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, November 11, 2007

• Reported By:dublin Ohio
Camcar Towing
2360 Wood Ave Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Camcar Towing towed me, then parked in a HANDICAP PARKING SPACE at a BP gas station Columbus Ohio

I was at my friends house in Hilliard, ohio and when i looked out the window Camcar was towing my car. I went outside and begged with the man not to tow my car. But, he said that he couldn't. He said i'd have to go to the lot, which is in columbus off Kenny and Henderson (which is kind of a far drive to hilliard).

So, after i yelled at him a bit, he said he'd tow my car to a BP gas station, and charge me less money. When we met the man at the BP, he let my car down (not very gently, and if i find anything wrong with my car, i'm going to sue the company). after we paid the fees (96.08) he parked his tow truck in a HANDICAP PARKING SPOT! he then left the vehicle and went into BP to buy some items. While he was in the BP we took a picture of his truck (with the license plate number).

My questions are why is a company that says they tow in arlington, campus, and dublin towing in hilliard? And why after towing my car (because it didn't have a parking pass on it) does he think that he can go and park in a handicap parking space? we contacted camcar to report him for parking in the handicap space, but of course the woman on the phone tried to cover for him, and then weakly offered to call and remind him not to park illegally. This is totally outrageous and ridiculous. if a cop would have seen him park there, it would have been a $500 fine, and a tow. this company ought to be shut down.

Casey
dublin, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2007 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camcar-Towing/Columbus-Ohio-43221/Camcar-Towing-towed-me-then-parked-in-a-HANDICAP-PARKING-SPACE-at-a-BP-gas-station-Columb-284262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camcar Towing