uniform

• Updated: Mon, November 14, 2011

• Reported By: Jennifer — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Camelback Ford
1330 E. Camelback Rd. Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Camelback Ford 15 Day/500 mile state law warranty "does not apply to you" Phoenix, Arizona

Camelback Ford sold me a vehicle that had not been "shopped" yet. They repeatedly stated "not to worry, the car is covered by the 15 day/500 mile state law warranty, anything and everything is covered, it's the law" Two days after beginning the purchase of this vehicle the car was turned over to me stating that it was in perfect condition and had gone through the shop and everything was good to go.

Two days after I received the car I took it to my mechanic since it was shaking and making noises. My mechanic said that this car was unsafe to drive, it has two broken front struts and a broken motor mount. I contacted the dealer since I was well within the 15 day/500 mile warranty and was told by Brad (used car manager) that "that law does not apply to you, this was a budget value deal, we wont fix anything"

I spent the next 8 days (while they had my car) trying to get in touch with Brad's boss, Jay. Finally Brad got on the phone with me and said "you wont ever talk to Jay because he does not talk to customers, we are not fixing your car" "That law does not apply to you because this was a budget value deal".

I advised Brad that I would be filing a complaint with several agencies and he said "ok" so I did just that. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, Attny General and a lawyer. I am currently waiting to hear from all of them. I have contacted the sales person that sold me the vehicle, the finance guy who did the paperwork, the service department at the location and now the Dealerships General Manager at Ford Motor Company's request. Again I am still waiting to hear from the General Manager but everyone else got back to me and apologized for the dealership giving me the run around and not following the law. they all acknowledged telling me about the law and that I should not worry because I was covered by the law.

I would like to know exactly how this law is written. Is there a stipulation on what vehicles the dealer wants to cover under this law? Is there a stipulation on the dollar value of the purchase? Is there anything that allows a dealership to discriminate and not apply this law equally?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2011 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camelback-Ford/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/Camelback-Ford-15-Day500-mile-state-law-warranty-does-not-apply-to-you-Phoenix-Arizon-797952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camelback Ford