• Report: #320743

• Submitted: Mon, March 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 24, 2008

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Camera Addict - Broadway Photo
337 East 89th Street Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

CameraAddict.com - A&M Photo World BROADWAY PHOTO 12 Other Cos. Scam Artists Brooklyn New York

I ordered a Garmin Nuvi 5000 GPS navigation system from these people. Unfortunately I should have done some research before ordering.

After I placed my order I received an email to call them for verification. I have never been called for verification before by any site until today. Today I have suffered at the hands of two scoundrel companies. Camera Addict and TechOnDigital.

When I called them I received a high pressure sales pitch to buy items that I didn't need. When I declined he still came up with a price higher than what I had agreed to pay. When I asked hin why, he said I had to pay insurance!
I finally had to cancel my order but they have my credit card info.

Here is what the NY BBB has to say about these people:

"Complaints to the Bureau indicate that this firm uses high pressures sales tactics after consumers place their orders. After ordering merchandise consumers report receiving a phone call from the firms customer representatives attempting to sell additional items. Representatives allegedly try to persuade consumers to buy the U.S. warranty, as well as accessories like cables, peripherals, and software, or lead consumers to believe the product will not work if additional merchandise is not purchased. In some cases, if the consumers declined, an email was sent advising them to cancel their orders because the item was on back-order despite being listed as available on the firms website. Consumers also reported unauthorized charges on their invoices. When trying to dispute such charges, consumers report difficulty talking to management, claiming they are verbally abused by the companys staff."

James
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2008 08:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-Addict-Broadway-Photo/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/CameraAddictcom-AM-Photo-World-BROADWAY-PHOTO-12-Other-Cos-Scam-Artists-Brooklyn-New-320743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera Addict - Broadway Photo