Complaint Review: Camera Center Inc

• Submitted: Thu, September 23, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, February 10, 2013

• Reported By:whitehaven Europe
Camera Center Inc
8000 International Dr ORLANDO, Florida U.S.A.

Camera Center Inc Video Camera ripoff ORLANDO Florida

*Consumer Comment: Do not shop at Camera Center Inc !!!

I recently purchased a Video Camera from Camera Center Inc in Orlando FL. While I was in the shop I was shown a video camera which I liked, it performed well. I agreed to purchase the camera for $899.00 plus tax $56.00. Once I started to use the camera after leaving the shop it didn't seem as good.

Once I got back to England I checked the prices for the camera model I had JVC GR D34E and found everybody else in the USA was selling this camera for around $400.00.

I can only conclude I was shown a more expensive model in the store which looked similar, this was then switched for the cheaper model when placed in the bag whilst in the store.

I have rung the shop and spoken to the manager who refused to give me prices over the phone, I asked for a contact address for the owner which he refused to give.

I can only imagine when they heard my english accent they must have been rubbing their hands and thinking here's another mug.
Other buyers beware.

Paul
whitehaven
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2004 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-Center-Inc/ORLANDO-Florida-32819/Camera-Center-Inc-Video-Camera-ripoff-ORLANDO-Florida-109739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera Center Inc

Do not shop at Camera Center Inc !!!

AUTHOR: Tkinz - (United States of America)

Buyer Beware!!! This camera store is extremely shady and looking to take advantage of any consumer that ventures into their store.   They do not offer refunds and all sales are final regardless of the situation.
They literally stole my money and there was nothing I could do about it.

I originally went in to buy a lens hood for my new camera.  The lens hood they had given me was priced at $39.99.  A the time I thought it was a bit pricey but being a new DSLR camera owner I wasn't completely sure.   I started to look up comparable pricing for the product on my phone as the salesman and the owner continued to pressure me into the sale.  Once I handed him the money it was all over.  I had no idea about their "ALL SALES ARE FINAL NO RETURNS" policy until I asked.  My phone finally loaded and I saw that the exact same lens hood was between $6-$12 at Office Max and number of other retailers.  I showed the salesman and the owner the price and they said "sorry all sales are final".   I feel like I watched them steal from me and there
was nothing I could do about it without ruining my vacation.

I highly recommend finding another camera retailer in the area before you shop here!

exact