Complaint Review: Camera City

• Submitted: Mon, April 03, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, April 03, 2006

• Reported By:San Diego California
Camera City
342 Kings Highway Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Camera City ripoff, misleading, overpriced, dishonest Brooklyn New York

I ordered a CANON digital XT camera(black) w/ royal package costing only $1399 plus $50 for black body on their web site. I waited for several days for an e-mail confirmation but there's none. So I called them by phone to confirm my order, and the guy, Ronnie I believe started to offer me something else. He said it's a deluxe royal package with much better lenses and that I need battery, battery charger and high-speed CF card. I agreed believing I got some high-end stuff. He sent me an invoice via e-mail which is not in detail. It only mention new 18-125mm lens, new 70-300mm lens, 1G high speed card, high power battery, rapid charger, etc. There is no way of knowing the right price unless you have received them and do a research. I learned my lesson and so should you.

William
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2006 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-City/Brooklyn-New-York-11223/Camera-City-ripoff-misleading-overpriced-dishonest-Brooklyn-New-York-184662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera City