Complaint Review: Camera Expo

• Reported By: Toruist — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Camera Expo
8135 Vineland Orlando, Florida United States of America

Camera Expo Price gouging and NO RETURNS Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Right, She Was COMPLETELY Helpless!

*Consumer Comment: Blaming the wife???

*Consumer Comment: while you did get ripped off

Down in Orlando with the wife and four kids on vacation.  My wife's memory card for her camera was full so we decided to purchase another one.  When we saw the big sony authorized dealer sign in the window of this store, we thought we had scored a nice deal.  While I waited in the car,my wife purchased a SONY four gigabite Memory stick ProDuo.  When she showed me the receipt when I got back into the car, I became excited.  The total witrh tax was $63.00.  We tried to return the item within a half hour of purchase and were told all sales are final.  I asked to see the Manager and was told to come back on Monday.  Since this was Saturday afternoon, I found a Walmart and purchased a Sony 8 gigabite memory stick ProDuo for 34.00.  They had the 4 gig for $23.00.

When I returned to the store on Monday the mager had left for the day so I returned on Tuesday morning.  The manager then woul not process my return stating that all sales were final.  While this was not mentioned at purchase, he did point out a small sign on the couter at waiste level that indicated such.  When I mentioned that I would have to try other options to remedy the situation, the manager told me that was my business and that he did not have time to talk.  When I took exception to this the manager said something derogatory about my mother in spanish.  So here I am telling my story.  I've already put in a protest on my credit card and complained to the Florida Attorney General.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-Expo/Orlando-Florida-32821/Camera-Expo-Price-gouging-and-NO-RETURNS-Orlando-Florida-899671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera Expo

Right, She Was COMPLETELY Helpless!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

FIRST OFF...its "My Wife" and not some sick degrading label "The Wife".  That woman is NOT some lifeless object around the house like the broom, the car, the stove or the garbage can!  YOUR WIFE, unless she had absolutely no clue as to the price range of that item was not completely helpless.  If YOUR WIFE was familiar with the price then YOUR WIFE should have walked out rather than give in to the price gouging.  You can complain to anyone you want but YOUR WIFE agreed to pay for the item at the stated price.  No one held a gun or any other weapon to the head of YOUR WIFE.  No, I don't work for them.

Blaming the wife???

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Come on Ashlee, the only woman that can be blame for anything is Eve, after all she offered the apple, luv u

while you did get ripped off

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I'm not sure what you expect out of the attorney general. They didn't do anything illegal. They can charge that much if they so desire, your wife voluntarily purchased it for that much. They aren't required to have a return policy, as long as they have a sign that states there are no returns its legal.

Additionally, there isn't much to dispute with your credit card. You voluntarily made the purchase and there's nothing defective about the mechandise.

panel