Complaint Review: Camera Expo

• Submitted: Sat, June 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 07, 2008

• Reported By:St.Helens Other
Camera Expo
8135 Vineland Avenue Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Camera Expo SONY digital camera memory card sold at more than 300% of official SONY price Orlando Florida

I have just returned from a great holiday in Florida, only to find I have been badly ripped off by Camera Expo. The outside of the store is made to look like an official SONY store, and therefore as a tourist in unfamiliar surroundings I thought I would be ok using this store when my memory card was quickly filled up in the first week of my holiday.

I was charged $106.49 for a 1GB memory card complete with adaptor. I haven't purchased one for a number of years and was therefore unaware of what is a reasonable price. However, on my return home I have found that the same device is available from the official SONY website for about $32 (16 before currency conversion). Also, I could purchase the same device through Amazon for even less.

This has not changed my experience of a great family holiday in a wonderful place. However, I am disappointed that such an outfit as Camera Expo can operate in this way in what is otherwise a perfectly legitamite retail park. I would only expect this type of operation from a backstreet store.

John
St.Helens
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2008 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-Expo/Orlando-Florida-32821/Camera-Expo-SONY-digital-camera-memory-card-sold-at-more-than-300-of-official-SONY-price-338007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera Expo