Complaint Review: Camera Expo

• Submitted: Mon, December 26, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 27, 2011

• Reported By: North Carolina United States of America
Camera Expo
8135 VinelandAve, Orlando, Florida 32821 Orlando, Florida United States of America

Camera Expo lEmployees said Sony Wireless Headphones (MDR-IF240RK) were the newest Sony Headphones available, said he gave me a deal by taking $50.00 off the $199 Price. I paid $159.74 .. After purchasing th Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Ripped yourselves off

On Dec. 13,2011 my husband and I entered the Camera Expo at 8145 Vineland Ave, Orlando, Florida. We were trying to find our grandchildren christmas presents.  We were look for a docking station for an ipod with a radio and alarm clock.

The employee attempted to sell us several which we said were too expensive.  We settled on the Idream by sony but the price was over $100 and too expensive.  Were told that if we would order 4 he would let us have them for $70.00 the following Fri.  We decided to check other places.

I then asked if they had wireless head phones and they told me the MDR-IF240RK sony model was the best.  It cost 199.99 and said they would give me $50.00 off.  They indicated it was the newest model.  I paid $159.74.

Later at Best buy I found the same docking station for my grandchildren for $40.00 each. Saved $160.00 by not purchasing them from Camera Expo!!

After arriving back at the resort I checked the model number for the wireless headphones I bought and found it for $50.00 on the computer.   Lost $100.00 and my faith in expecting to be told the truth by all salesmen no matter their creed or color....

My loss...A few days later I returned to Camera Expo and asked for an exchange and they would not comply, even though I had been lied too.  Sony has refused to help also.  We are stuck with the head phones we were tricked into buying....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2011 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-Expo/Orlando-Florida-32821/Camera-Expo-lEmployees-said-Sony-Wireless-Headphones-MDR-IF240RK-were-the-newest-Sony-814028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera Expo

Ripped yourselves off

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

The problem is folks like you shop at a clip joint like that, despite the fact that they're rated a D+ with the BBB, which is pretty lousy, and have a number of complaints on them here.

They probably couldn't care less that you posted here. They count on careless walk-in traffic and tourists that buy on impulse instead of doing due diligence and researching stores and prices first.

nearby