Complaint Review: Camera Expo

• Submitted: Fri, September 05, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, September 05, 2008

• Reported By:vienna Virginia
Camera Expo
8135 VINELAND AVENUE Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Camera Expo Ripped off my daughter by seller her an mp4 player (no name) as if it were SONY mp4 Orlando Florida

My daughter and niece had just graduated high school and were on their first trip away together on their own to Disney. They walked intoCamera Expo were led to believe they were buying a 4gb SONY mp4 player for $170. They put it on my credit card (with my permission) and left.

Later, my daughter decided to get an itouch and tried to return the player (unopened) back to the SONY store here in Virginia. They said it was not a SONY and to return to the place of purchase. When i called Camera Expo they said, 'we don't exchange electronics'. I explained that the box and tape were intact and unopened, the seal was not broken, he said no matter, if there was a problem i should contact the manufacturer... I can't even tell who the manufacturer is. He quickly hung up.

I called the store back to ask for the name of the manager, he said David and he was out til next monday and then hung up on me again.

When I called again to ask the name of this very rude person, he just picked up the phone and slammed it shut.

They are rude and a major tourist rip off and I would suggest Orlando City or Chamber of Commerce do something about this rip off business!

Anything anyone can do prevent this tourist trap from ripping off other tourists would be appreciated!

Anaya
vienna, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2008 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-Expo/Orlando-Florida/Camera-Expo-Ripped-off-my-daughter-by-seller-her-an-mp4-player-no-name-as-if-it-were-SON-370167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera Expo