Complaint Review: Camera Zone Art Gallery

• Reported By: glymps — Southampton Other
Camera Zone Art Gallery
1365 Columbus Avenue San Francisco, California USA

Camera Zone Art Gallery Con men salesmen San Francisco California

I bought a Fuji XE1 from Camera Zone (art gallery) San Francisco and my friend who was with me had a bridge camera round her neck. The salesman homed in on this and showed her a wide angle macro converter for it and said it should be $799, this price was also on the box.

As I was buying the XE1 he said she could have it for $479 then tried to get me to buy for one as I said I had the same bridge camera at home and he said it would fit the XE1. I said I didn't need one but he then said if I bought one he would sell them to us for $399 each.

On top of this he sold us overpriced filters but threw in a free lens cleaning cloth and better lens caps for these lenses. the next day I decided I really didn't need this lens so asked if they would take it back in exchange for another fuji lens. They told me I would have to pay a 25% re-stocking charge even though I had only bought it the previous day and hadn't even taken it out of the box!

to make my loss less I reluctantly agreed. When I got back to the UK I looked up the cost of these lenses and identical make and model are available for about £30 ($45). I think we were totally ripped off because we were tourists and to top it all there was a fault in the electronic viewfinder of the XE1 but I didn't have confidence to return it to that shop so contacted Fuji UK who will repair it under warranty.

I've seen exactly the same dodgy techniques reported on this site from another camera shop in the US to British tourists so please beware before you buy anything from US camera shops.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-Zone-Art-Gallery/San-Francisco-California/Camera-Zone-Art-Gallery-Con-men-salesmen-San-Francisco-California-1061651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera Zone Art Gallery