Complaint Review: CameraAddict

• Submitted: Mon, December 17, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2007

• Reported By:Owings Mills Maryland
325 E. 89th Street Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

CameraAddict, Cameraaddict.com Bait and Switch Brooklyn, New York

Be careful with this company! I ordered a camcorder online on Friday 12/14/07, before I ordered the Panasonic PV-GS85 camcorder I called CameraAddict.com at 718-512-0428 to confirm that this product was in stock and not on backorder. The man I spoke with said YES place the order online and you will be fine. So I did.

On Sunday 12/16/07 I received an email that said ( actual email) (We have received your order, 00000164. For verification purposes, please call our customer service department at 1-800-927-2354 Extension 273, in order for us to proceed and process your order. Please have your order number ready when you call.) So I did call and the man I spoke with did confirm my address and all my information, next he tried to up sell me different accessories that go with the camera. I had no problem with this; he was just trying to do his job. I explained to him that I already have everything that I am going to need for this camera, he said ok no problem.

Before I got off the phone I asked him is this camcorder in stock and will it be sent to me soon. He said YES we have it and we will be sending it to you very soon. I said great and we hung up.

Three hours later I went on the CameraAddict website to check the tracking status and it said THIS ITEM IN ON BACKORDER, AND THE ORDER IS PUT ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE CHECK BACK WITHIN 2-4 WEEKS TO CHECK THE STATUS. This obviously made me very upset because I need the camcorder before Christmas, And I have already been told twice that this is ready to be sent to me.

So I called back immediately and actually spoke to the exact same guy that I spoke to during my last call. And I said what is going on you told me earlier that this is in stock and going to be sent to me, what he said was what we have on stock is just the camcorder with all the accessories which costs $330 included and that we don't have the camera by itself. I said why has no one explained this to me before! He said that's just the way it goes! I only wanted the camera by itself which costs $240 with shipping.

So to make a long story short I immediately cancelled the order, and the sad part is if it was explained to me before on how they only have the camcorder with all the accessories for $330 I probably would have bought it that way. But instead they lied to me twice, and at that point I just want to make sure no one else falls into this bait and switch tactic that CameraAddict has in place! I sent CameraAddict a email explaining all this and said If you are going to be in business be HONEST! Be careful with this company!

Owings Mills, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2007 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CameraAddict/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/CameraAddict-Cameraaddictcom-Bait-and-Switch-Brooklyn-New-York-292142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CameraAddict