Complaint Review: CameraAddict.com

• Updated: Wed, April 16, 2008

• Reported By:Detroit Lakes Minnesota
Internet Nationwide U.S.A.

CameraAddict.com False advertising Internet

I order a Garmin GPS from this website and was quoted a $389 price complete, as advertised on their website. I then received an email to confirm my order I had to call their office. I called and they said I had to buy a seperate memory chip for it to work. Now the Price become neary $450! I was outrageda and explained to the salesman that thei website said all the information data was included in the set.

I was told by the salesman that the one on the website was a 'wholesale' model??? I was treated by the salesman like i was stupid and unable to read their website.

So, I cancelled the order and wrote the company an email and attached a copy of their website....only problem was that when I tried to email to their 'support' or 'order' email address it came back as nonvalid address.

This was a classic 'bait and switch' deception which is illegal. I hope no one else will try to purchase anything from this website.

Funny footnote: This website was 'recommended seller' by the search engine!

Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2008 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CameraAddictcom/nationwide/CameraAddictcom-False-advertising-Internet-326528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CameraAddict.com