Complaint Review: Cameraaddict.com

• Submitted: Mon, May 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 04, 2008

• Reported By:Demopolis Alabama
Cameraaddict.com
325 E. 89th St. Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Cameraaddict.com Misleading pricing Brooklyn New York

*Author of original report: Still no luck

Please read all the other letters submitted related to this website.
It is true. You will receive an email requesting that you "verify" your order.
I was ordering an LCD tv for $609. However, when I called to verify the order, the PUSHY salesperson informed me that the BASE STAND did not come with the TV, and it would be an extra $199! The base stand comes attached to the tv from the manufacturer (I checked). It would be like selling you a tv for $600 but the screen will be an extra $200!

He then tries to sell you a $100 cable, cleaning kit, etc.

I told him to cancel the order, and he told me it could not be cancelled because it had already been processed. (But the email said it could not be processed without "verifying" the order.)

The charge hasn't appeared on my credit card, and I cannot dispute a charge until the charge has actually been processed. We'll see what happens next.

Anonymous
Demopolis, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2008 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cameraaddictcom/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/Cameraaddictcom-Misleading-pricing-Brooklyn-New-York-334863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cameraaddict.com

Still no luck

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

The item was shipped from cameraaddict.com after I attempted to cancel the order. I called to cancel again after getting an email notifying me of the impending shipment. The pushy customer service person told me (after being on hold for 30 minutes) that he listened to the recording of the phone conversation that I didn't cancel. He could issue a return authorization, but it would cost me $168 for restocking and shipping.

I refused shipment of the item. Still no credit.