Complaint Review: Cameron Dunlap - 1daydough.com - Specialty Communications, Inc, - CameronDirect.com

• Submitted: Tue, July 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, December 02, 2012

• Reported By:richmond hill New York
www.1daydough.com , New York U.S.A.

1daydough.com - Cameron Dunlap - Specialty Communications, Inc - CameronDirect.com real estate program/course, refusal to refund 8805 Rt. 415, Campbell New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Just another suggestion

*General Comment: Just a suggestion...

*UPDATE Employee: Cameron's Personal Response

I went to a foreclosure summit in NY by Jeff Adam and was solicitated to purchase other guess speakers' programs. I was attracted to the "1 day dough with Cameron Dunlap*. I paid $1000.00 but was not given any course or programs. The application form was not properly processed.

After I requested for a refund, I was first turned down by claiming I requested late. I counterclaimed with documents. Then They changed to want my return of the course despite the fact that I was not given any. Both the Jeff Adam and the Cameron Dunlap did not try to give any resolution and ignored my emails and phone calls. I asked to speak to the higher manager or owner but was turned down.

I was told that the course is additional $250 if I want it. I asked to have the refund of $750 ($1000 less the additional $250 course) but was abruptly turned down.

A compliant was made to the Better Business Bureau, however, they did not response. Record will be made for 3 years.

I am now at a lost of $1000 and time. I am upset and embarrace from this incidence. But I hope no one will have problem like mine. Therefore I am telling everyone about this situation to avoid facing the problem like mine.

richmond hill, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2009 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cameron-Dunlap-1daydoughcom-Specialty-Communications-Inc-CameronDirectcom/New-York/1daydoughcom-Cameron-Dunlap-Specialty-Communications-Inc-CameronDirectcom-real-es-469797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cameron Dunlap - 1daydough.com - Specialty Communications, Inc, - CameronDirect.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Just another suggestion

AUTHOR: another suggestion - (United States of America)

Her original complaint was, she did not receive anything. Just send her a program.  (Apparently the refund period has past by now).  Even if it's giving the benefit of the doubt, the company will not suffer such a great loss.

#2 General Comment

Just a suggestion...

AUTHOR: TONY - (United States of America)

I recently attended an investor club meeting in Culver City, California where Cameron Dunlap was the speaker and then went on to sell access to his funding sources as well as information. All for a $1,000 deposit, which apparently gets you his educaional package and eventually your $1,000 deposit utilized as part of the initial fees on your first loan deal. Apparently leaving you without having incurred any cost at all for his educational materials and access to reliable funding source. I was not one of the twenty indiviuals who decided to pay the $1,000 for the promises, but I find it curious that if the offer is in fact genuine, it would seem a no brainer for Mr. Dunlap to refund $1000 to this or any unsatisfied customer, at once. Especially if, as he commented that evening and is written on his web sites, he makes his money on the loans they provide. Comparatively speaking it's a minor cost even if the customer never returned anything at all; the actual cost of those materials is miniscule. I hope I'm making my point clearly. I personally enjoyed his presentation very much and found attending worthwhile. If for no other reason than to hear a polished speaker that understands how to connect with his audience.

Thank you for providing this forum. You provide a very much needed service in todays viral age.

Cameron's Personal Response

AUTHOR: Justin Terwilliger - (USA)

The problem here is that the customer DID receive the program at the event. The customer DID initial their order form to acknowledge receipt of the product.

We had more than enough product on site, and in fact we took unsold programs back with us. Everyone who bought the program received it at the event.

The refund was denied by Jeff's office because the customer would not / did not return the program.

Plus, even if I wanted to grant the refund, I can't. The transaction was run by the promoter - Jeff. Not me or my company. My hands are tied.

How is it right or meaningful when someone claims a "rip-off" when they refuse to return the program? Kind of marginalizes this forum, doesn't it?

Cameron Dunlap