Complaint Review: Camping World of Valencia CA

• Updated: Thu, October 27, 2011

• Reported By: Kathleen Lewis — Cody Wyoming United States of America
Camping World of Valencia CA
24901 W. Pico Canyon Rd NewHall, California United States of America

Camping World of Valencia California Camping World Newhall California Installed Faulty Wiring in RV. Equipment plan or damages was not honored NewHall, California

In 2009 we took our 5th wheel to the Newhall Camping world to have some ceiling fans wired and installed, a toilet installed, and wiring and installation of an Inverter. We paid for 2 year protection plans for the items.  The bill was @ $4,700.00. We stored the coach until we moved to Cody, Wy.  We planned to live in the Coach until we found a place to live. As soon as we started using the coach the breakers kept popping.  Then the breaker burned up and was replaced, twice.  We a temporsry rental and stored the coach where the circuit breaker blew out again and caused damage to the plumbing. Unaware of the extreme electrical faulty wiring, we moved back into the coach once it was repaired still looking for a permanent residence.  The Breaker Burned up badly and almost caught the entire trailer afire. Lucky I awoke and unpliugged wiring. We had an on service repairman come look at it where he found that Camping world not only unwired the ground wire; but also failed to put a new breaker specially designed for the inverter alone. SO the faulty wiring and small melt down of a fire damaged the refrigerator and water heater. We had to move into a motel.

I contacted camping world corporate who said the dealer who installed it handled it.  After a lot of Hem Ha, the Supervisor started then failed to honor the warranty. We are 500 or more miles away from any camping world and they failed to authorize a local dealer and failed to pay all the travel expenses and loss in pay to take the unit to one of their dealers. I filed with Consumer affairs & better business bureau. Bureau of auto affairs did an investigation where it ruled on my side. However, they can do nothing about this they only force correction on RV's with a motor and that you can drive. I would like to seek an attorney for our damages. Possibly all the electrical contents are damaged in the coach. Thus is is electrically total damage. We personally suffered immense fear then stress as a result of the incident. Our 10 year old and  my husband and myself could have burned up. I have many of the documents supporting my claim and the coach is parked as I cannot afford to fix it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2011 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camping-World-of-Valencia-CA/NewHall-California-91381/Camping-World-of-Valencia-California-Camping-World-Newhall-California-Installed-Faulty-Wi-792659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camping World of Valencia CA