Complaint Review: Camping World

• Reported By: Rebecca — Prescott Valley Arizona United States of America
Camping World
9147 W Route 66 Bellemont, Arizona United States of America

Camping World Camping World's Dirty Secret! Bellemont, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: same company, diff state

*Consumer Comment: I believe it is team rebutt fault

*Consumer Comment: Sorry this dealer was lacking in the details, but

Spending $25,000.00 may not be much to some and to others like me it's huge. My husband and I purchased a Trailer from Camping World.  Nothing seemed to go smooth from the beginning on our end.  Now we had to go and buy a truck to haul it being our Van would not safely haul it. So now $25,000.00 is much higher.
My husband called and made an appointment with the salesman so we could get our Trailer and finish our Walk-Thur. We got to Camping  World and found out that no appointment had been made. So to their credit they were accommodating at that point.
The Trailer was hooked to our truck, we were almost ready...but nobody had any idea where the keys were, they were usually in with the paperwork; but were not. They were finally found in the Trailer.
The service man who was to finish our walk-thur wasn't in, it had never been communicated to him we were coming in. Why, sales, finance as well as the service dept knew we needed to finish up. My husband had to someone who worked there how to unhook the trailer.  The Trailer was a 2012, but had been used. It hadn't been cleaned...yuck. The refrigerator actually was moldy, sinks were grimy with soap scum. Shower hadn't been cleaned let alone wiped out. A washcloth from the previous owner was still hanging in the shower. The tile one the floors hadn't been swept or wiped up, carpet hadn't been vacuumed.  As I told salesman about it he said, "oh the refrigerator will be wiped out before you go." I simply replied back I wasn't leaving until it had been cleaned. So I did a bit of shopping, as I went through my sales receipt I found I had been over charged over $26.00 , but it was fairly easy to do. But on top of the rest it put me over the edge.
As the GM was walking past me I stopped him, asked him if he had heard what was happening. He had, why did he not attempt to talk with me.  After a few minutes he apoligized for any inconveince. What? An apology, I told him an apology wasn't adequate for all this. he gave me a $50.00 gift card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camping-World/Bellemont-Arizona-86015/Camping-World-Camping-Worlds-Dirty-Secret-Bellemont-Arizona-918697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camping World

same company, diff state

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I had a lot of the same sort of problems..  They delivered the wrong rv to me, 3 weeks late.

It sounds a lot of the same thing that they said to me..  I had to rent a motel.

I believe it is team rebutt fault

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

If team rebutt would attack the dealer instead of the consumer, maybe something good will come of this, butt I doubt it

Sorry this dealer was lacking in the details, but

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

" Nothing seemed to go smooth from the beginning on our end. Now we had to go and buy a truck to haul it being our Van would not safely haul it. So now $25,000.00 is much higher."

How is this the dealer's fault?