Complaint Review: Camping World

• Reported By: NLaw71 — Titus Alabama United States of America
Camping World
730 George Roy Pkwy Calera, Alabama United States of America

Camping World Damaged my RV, denied it and refused to fix it Calera, Alabama

We brought our motorhome to Camping World in Calera for some routine roof maintenance.  The manager mislabeled our keys with someone else's name and put our name on someone else's keys.  This was not discovered by us until they told us our RV was ready to be picked up.  When we arrived to pick it up, there was alot of confusion about what service they had actually done.  That is when they figured out they had mislabeled our RV and keys.  Our RV was NOT ready to be picked up.  So we drove an hour and a half back home with no RV.

When we arrived to finally pick up our RV after the roof maintenance had been performed, there was again alot of confusion.  When I finally got to leave and stopped for gas, I noticed the steel beam that the mud flaps are mounted on was bent, and upon further examination, that the fiberglass bumber was cracked on the corner.  It was definitely NOT that way when I dropped it off for service.  They manager denied that it was done by his staff and refused to accept responsibility.  I will NEVER use Camping World again and will go out of my way to not purchase anything from their retail stores, as well.  All they had to do was accept responsibility and make this minor repair to the damage they caused, and they could have kept a loyal, long-term customer.  But this manager was not smart enough to see that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camping-World/Calera-Alabama-/Camping-World-Damaged-my-RV-denied-it-and-refused-to-fix-it-Calera-Alabama-1021598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camping World