Complaint Review: Camping World

• Submitted: Mon, June 07, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, June 07, 2010

• Reported By: Reggie — Colorado Springs Colorado U.S.A.
Camping World
6830 Bandley Dr Fountain, Colorado United States of America

Camping World Freedom Roads EXTRA CHARGES AND FLAT RATE TECHS Fountain, Colorado

As a former "service writer" for Camping World I can tell you, as well as other customers that they will rip you off.  They have "flat rate techs" which means they only get paid for the jobs they sell, and beleive me there are some very questionable repairs.  As an 10 year tech myself, I know what is not legitimate.  These techs are desparate, especially in the winter months.  Also, when you check in your coach they don't tell you about the 10% shop supply fee.  This is based on 10% of the labor charge.  Example:  they charge $119.00 an hour which equals 11.90, if your labor is $500.00, then $50.00 shop supply fee will apply, and their is no limit.  Even if they don't use supplies, you still pay. Then there's the parts that your coach will need.  Usually they don't have them, so they order them in at a very high mark up and then charge you double or triple shipping.  Why am I coming forward?  Because its the truth.  I have found a new job in my usual profession as an rv technician and I gave my notice.  Oh, before I forget, so Camping World wouldn't have to pay me my one weeks vacation, they terminated me.  All I am saying is watch out for flat rate shops and hiden fees.  Camping World wrote the book.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2010 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camping-World/Fountain-Colorado-80817/Camping-World-Freedom-Roads-EXTRA-CHARGES-AND-FLAT-RATE-TECHS-Fountain-Colorado-611213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camping World