Complaint Review: Canadian Tire Corporation

• Updated: Sat, March 20, 2010

• Reported By: Robert — Oshawa Ontario Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation
2510 50th Ave Red Deer, Alberta Canada

Canadian Tire Corporation was rude, mean and very stupid in Red Deer, Alberta Canada

I was on a trip from Oshawa, Ontario to Edmonton, Alberta to visit. I walked into this Canadian Tire wanting to buy a converter that converts a cigarette lighter plug into an AC plug after my dog broke my other one in Rapid City, South Dakota. I paid 10$ in Ontario and 20$ here in Red Deer. I asked at the Customer Service Manager if the price could be checked or lowered to the Ontario price to see if it was marked wrong and she said "No in every store there is a different price." So I said "Ok" and she rang it up for 20$ so I gave her an American 20$ bill, which has the U.S. President Andrew Jackson on it. She looked at it funny and said "Do you think I'm stupid? This is counterfeit. Shouldn't there be like, I don't know, George Washington?" I said "No I got this yesterday from an ATM in Great Falls, Montana. You know, the USA?" and she said "I'm calling security." and an American who was trying to get some service from another assistant (even though he was being ignored by someone) said "Wait!" grabbed the bill and looked at it and said "This is right, the bill is fine." So she took the bill gave me a dirty look and said "Fine (sigh) but your not getting the exchange price!" cashed it, didn't give me my change and gave me the converter. Then I left and never went back. By the way the converter was in such poor condition that it worked half the time and over heated. Stay Away from HERE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2010 01:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Canadian-Tire-Corporation/Red-Deer-Alberta-T4R-1M3/Canadian-Tire-Corporation-was-rude-mean-and-very-stupid-in-Red-Deer-Alberta-Canada-583215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Canadian Tire Corporation