Complaint Review: Cancun Travel Unlimited

Cancun Travel Unlimited
XPUHIL NO.3, Suite 8218, S.M 27 Cancun, Mexico

Cancun Travel Unlimited Misleading Cancun Mexico

*Author of original report: Resolved

*Author of original report: Issue resolved

I was contacted by Cancun Travel Unlimited and was told that through my credit card company I had won all this free money towards a trip. I was told that for $360 I could stay and the resort have all my drinks and meals included and 50% off all activities (golf, etc), but my airfare was not included. It sounded great so stupid me, i went ahead with it. I went to back out at the end but the put me on the phone with this lady who convinced me I was getting a great deal. A few days later I received my "vacation package" in the mail which really has no real information or confirmation that you got an actual vacation, but on the letter it stated that you could upgrade your trip to all-inclusive. I thought my trip already was all-inclusiveso I called the company to complain and they pretty much told me too bad so sad you're not getting any money back. To upgrade to all-inclusive is $100 a night, did they actually think I would fall for it twice and give them $1200 more. I proceeded to check there web site where I was supposed to use my phone number and email to log on to see my vacation itinerary. It won't allow me log on and there is no information on either of their websites. I emailed the rebuttel guy who's address I got off this website but heard nothing back. I am sure he will tell me to email him and we'll sort it out . I tried my credit card company to cancel the transaction but they said I have a weak case because the only think I have from them in writing say's that the trip is not all-inclusive.

I am at my wits end, it isn't even all about the money it is the fact that people can get away with this kind of thing. The take our hard earned money and leave us feeling helpless and upset. They are supposed to call me tonight with the recording of the conversation so I can prove to them that the girl on the phone told me over 50 times that the vacation was all-inclusive. I am sure to be sitting by the phone all night! My advice to you, HANG UP!

The girl who knew better but gave them the benefit of the doubt, so much for trusting in people.

Lulo0004
quadeville, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2008 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cancun-Travel-Unlimited/Cancun-CP-77500/Cancun-Travel-Unlimited-Misleading-Cancun-Mexico-357826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cancun Travel Unlimited

Resolved

AUTHOR: Lulo0004 - (Canada)

My problem was resolved by a wonderful employee of Cancun Travel Unlimited. I received a full refund and am very greatful. The whole thing was a big misunderstanding. Enjoy your travels with Cancun Travel Unlimited. Thanks again!

Issue resolved

AUTHOR: Lulo0004 - (Canada)

I received a full refund. It was miscommunication, it can happen to anyone. Thank you Cancun Travel Unlimited for refunding me in full, I appreciate it.