Complaint Review: Cancun Travel Unlimited

• Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:Kuna Idaho
Cancun Travel Unlimited
www.mycancungetaway.com Internet U.S.A.

Cancun Travel Unlimited Called number on National Do not call registry and laughed at me. Refused to ID themselves, using a falsified caller ID number. Corporate hung up on me when I complained. Ripoff Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry for any Inconvenience

I have a number that has been on the National Do not call registry for several months. I received a call from these people, and had to "talk to a computer" in order to get a real person on the line. They refused to identify the company they worked for when I asked. I told them that I was on the national do not call list, and they laughed at me and hung up. I called their caller id number as left behind to find out that the number was "disconnected or no longer in service". Knowing that there was probably no way for a number to become disconnected or no longer in service in less than 10 seconds, I then called their corporate offices. I asked them if they were the party responsible for these calls, and they acknowledge responsibility. I then told them that I wanted to file a complaint, and the woman hung up on me. Its like they can bug you anytime they feel like it, but will not allow you to voice concern over their irresponsible actions...which by the way is a Federal Offense to call numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry. Will they laugh if they get disconnected by the FCC for sending false caller ID information? I wonder.

Richard
Kuna, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2007 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cancun-Travel-Unlimited/internet/Cancun-Travel-Unlimited-Called-number-on-National-Do-not-call-registry-and-laughed-at-me-254779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cancun Travel Unlimited

Sorry for any Inconvenience

AUTHOR: Quality Assurance & Resolution - (Mexico)

Dear Sir,

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this call has caused you; we as Cancun Travel Unlimited do some of our marketing thru telephone, which as you know is perfectly legal. We are in compliance with all laws in the USA and Canada and we do update all of our information in the time frame that is required by law. If you received this call in error, please receive our most sincere apologies. If you wish to contact me please do so at dzambrano@sunsetworld.net, and I will make sure that your telephone number is taken off every list.
Once again sorry for the inconvenience