Complaint Review: Candeotech

• Submitted: Mon, January 07, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Kimmo — Helsinki Other Finland
Candeotech

Candeotech Mr. Saurabh Suman They took my money, delivered nothing and now they won't even reply my emails, Internet

Almost 13 months ago I hired Candeotech (Mr. Saurabh Suman is the owner-manager) to build me a website according to my specifications. They seemed like a safe bet, since they had received great reviews and their quote for the job wasn't unreasonable. They asked for 45% pre-payment, which I paid. The progress was slow and communication proved difficult. But after some 6 months the site was finally done. It wasn't the site I wanted, but since the project had already took far more time than we both had estimated, and because it met the minimum requirements for the job, I decided to accept it and pay the rest of the sum. So far so good. Based on that experience I would have given them somewhat dissatisfied review, but I was not allowed to review them, since it was my first project on Scriptlance.com. I bet they knew it.

The website they developed was still far from complete, so I decided to continue developing it with another contractor. In December 2012, when my site was finally almost complete, I discovered a bug that needed urgent repair. The contractor I had been using lately was busy, so I contacted Candeotech and Mr. Saurabh Suman directly. After all, it was them, who had developed my website. Surely they would know best how to fix it, I reasoned.

Mr. Saurabh Suman agreed to take the job. He even boasted that no one, except his team, would be able to fix my problem, since no one else would understand the coding structure they had been using in developing the site. So, under the circumstances I decided to place my bets on him. Something was different this time, however. He required me to pay the whole sum ($450) in advance via Western Union. I found that somewhat suspicious, but I did that. It seemed unlikely that a company with a good reputation like his, would rip me off.

After three days, since they supposed to have been started working on the project, I sent them an email asking for a status report. Mr. Saurabh Suman replied that the job was more complex than he had anticipated and asked me to pay $150 more. He sounded convincing and so I sent him the money. This was the last time I heard of him. The job was supposed to have been completed by the mid December 2012. He did not reply to any of my emails or instant messages, although I saw him online almost all the time - until sometime before Christmas when he cut me from Gtalk. He has still not replied to my emails or contacted me in any way. I lost $600 and several weeks of valuable time.

If you are planning to do business with this guy, watch out. He may have done a good job here and there to earn good reviews on Scriptlance.com and elsewhere, but he uses his good reputation to prey on unsuspecting customers, who are foolish enough to work with him directly, without any third party arbitrator and without a chance to review his work in public.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 02:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Candeotech/internet/Candeotech-Mr-Saurabh-Suman-They-took-my-money-delivered-nothing-and-now-they-wont-even-992523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Candeotech