Complaint Review: Candy Coated Doxie

• Updated: Sat, September 21, 2013

• Reported By: Nettie — Plano Texas
Candy Coated Doxie
5584 LIV 416 Mooresville, Missouri USA

Candy Coated Doxie Breeder selling Mixed Breed dogs as Registered Pedigree Mi-ki's Mooresville Missouri

*Author of original report: Always Read before Responding

*Consumer Comment: DNA tests unreliable

I purchased a 2nd puppy from this breeder in April 2013. The puppy I received did not appear to look like any Mi-KI puppy I came across during my research of the breed and certainly did not look like the first puppy I purchased from this same breeder in January 2013. The breeder claims the 2nd puppy is a registered Mi-Ki pedigree puppy because she has it registered through three different registries not associated to AMRA or IMR. Since I seriously had doubts that the 2nd puppy I purchased could actually could have Mi-Ki ancestry in the bloodline, I had it DNA tested. The DNA results confirmed that the breeder cross bred a full blooded Yorshire Terrier with a Mixed Breed that had no genes or ancestry of Mi-Ki bloodlines that include Maltese, Japanese Chin and Papillon. The mixed breed ancestry including other Yorkshire Terrie and Dachsund genes present. This is quite concerning since this breeder also advertises and sells registered Yorkshire Terriers and Dachsunds. I notified the Candy Coated Doxie breeder immediately of the testing confirmation results and requested a full refund since I did not receive the advertised pedigree puppy of Mi-Ki heritage that I paid for. The breeder refuses to refund the money claiming that the scientific based study is inaccurate because her proof is that the dogs she used to produce the litter are registered Mi-Ki's. Because of the findings of the 2nd puppy's pedigree I had the first puppy I purchased DNA tested as well. The DNA results for that puppy show that the breeder cross bred a full blooded Miniature Poodle with a Mixed Breed (Shi Tzu/Lhasa Apso mix) that once again did not include any genes or ancestry of the Maltese, Japanese Chin and Papillon pedigrees. Of course the breeder claims that the parents for my first puppy are all registered Mi-ki's and that she purchased them from another breeder as in the 2nd puppies case. How could this breeder not recognize that a Yorkshire Terrier (full blooded) and a Miniature Poodle (full blooded) do not look like Mi-Ki's before breeding the animals especially since she breeds YorkshireTerriers and sells them. I questioned the look of the mixed breed puppy I received immediately. Beware of this dishonest breeder and her desire to sell anything she can for financial gain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Candy-Coated-Doxie/Mooresville-Missouri-64664/Candy-Coated-Doxie-Breeder-selling-Mixed-Breed-dogs-as-Registered-Pedigree-Mi-kis-Moores-1086257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Candy Coated Doxie

Always Read before Responding

AUTHOR: repairdiva - ()

Perhaps you read my post half hazardly. I had my puppies DNA tested against the Mi-Ki pedigree registries. There is no common ancestry of any kind to the Mi-Ki pedigree in either of my puppies. They just are mixed breed puppies with NO ANCESTRY to the MI-KI pedogree. The breeder just mated together whatever dogs she had available to produce puppies so she can post and sell as pedigreed pups to keep money rolling in. If DNA testing is for entertainment purposes why would you even suggest US Davis? Here I thought DNA testing was a scientific method in determining parentage and heredity and I am suprised to learn that it is nothing more than something to keep the public entertained. Another waste of my money and another scammer trying to pull a fast one on gullable people as myself.

DNA tests unreliable

AUTHOR: TheOpinionatedGSD - ()

Those DNA tests that look for markers to similar breeds are not reliable, they are for entertainment purposes only. One must remember all dogs have common ancestors.. that doesn't make your dog a mix breed.

If you want to really know, demand that both parents be DNA'ed and compare that to your dog's dna.. Usually breed registry’s have DNA databases. You can also go through UC Davis California.

Maybe your new dog just isn't as nicely bred as your first one.