Complaint Review: Candy King Of America

• Submitted: Sun, November 13, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, November 04, 2007

• Reported By:media Pennsylvania
Candy King Of America
7890 Peters Road, Bldg G-100 Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

Candy King Of America, Stanley Gladstone BIG TIME SCAM-DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK WITH. Plantation Florida

*Consumer Comment: CANDY KING OF AMERICA - HAVE RUINED MY LIFE - I AM FINANCIALLY RUINED

*Consumer Comment: Thank you for your help.

*Author of original report: Contact Info

*Consumer Comment: Please Help Me in my legal fight with the Candy King of America

*Consumer Comment: Sorry this happened to you Joey

*Consumer Comment: Hire a Lawyer.

I recently purchased 12 Altoids vending machines from Candy King of America. My story follows along the same line as all the others that I have read so far. The machines are the biggest pieces of junk that I have ever seen.

Any company with integrity will always back their product 100%. When a customer is unhappy, for any reason, contract or not, it is good business ethics to take back or replace the item(s). I tried to return the product within an hour of receiving it. After inspecting the quality of the vending machines I received, I was furious that they charged so much money for such junk. Stan Gladstone screamed and yelled at me on the phone when I told him what I thought of the machines. He said that if I sent the machines back, he would not accept them and I would be stuck paying the freight for the machines to come back to me. I have called back several times since then and he does not even take my phone calls anymore.

The only hope I have of getting my money back is by disputing it with my credit card. My credit card company says no matter what purchase order or contract I signed, it is ultimately up to their quality control team. So if there is anyone out there in my shoes, don't stop fighting.

AND IF YOU ARE THINKING OF INVESTING WITH THIS COMPANY-DON'T!

I am currently putting together reports to go out to every website Candy king advertises on. Please email me your story to include in order to substantiate my case. I stay at home with my kids and I will work day and night to see their business come down. If you would like to work with me on this please contact me. through the rebuttal key HOw about a class action suit? . Lets pull the rug out from under their operation to stop them from hurting hard working people like us.

Lies, scams, lack of conscious, I don't know how people live like this.

And by the way, the list of people they give you to contact about how their business is doing--FAKE!!!

Nothing that Candy King of America offers is honest. So don't believe any employee you talk to.

All you with me out there, please contact me.

Rachel
media, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2005 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Candy-King-Of-America/Plantation-Florida-33324/Candy-King-Of-America-Stanley-Gladstone-BIG-TIME-SCAM-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-THEM-TERRIBLE-COMP-164459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Candy King Of America

Hello Rachel:

Just want to say that I ditto you 100% on everything you said regarding CANDY KING OF AMERICA in PLANTATION, FL. They are PROFESSIONAL SCAMMERS and they have destroyed many peoples' lives. I want to see them be put out of business. Please give me more information on the US department of Justice paperwork. I received it but have not sent them in and have misplaced the papers. Do you know if there was a deadline.

Miami, FL}

I wonder how the people at CANDY KING OF AMERICA can sleep at night. Let's help put them out of business once and for all.

Miami, FL}

Thank you for your help.

AUTHOR: Benjamin - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your Help, I emailed my laywer to get the scoops...
I have tried to respond to everyone here but only 1 or 2 made it, not sure why. I also responded to my own with an update and a link to the ct.gov web site. State of Connecticut Department of Banking, maybe because there was a link...?
you may have already found this, if not I am sure you can google it...
CRD NO. 1837178
DOCKET NO. CF-2005-823-B
IN THE MATTER OF:

STANLEY L. GLADSTONE
CRD NO. 1837178

we will be in touch...

Contact Info

AUTHOR: Rachel - (U.S.A.)

Ben-I sent your lawyer some information that I have collected. Could you please contact him and get my contact information from him. I would like to discuss my case with you and see if you have any info that I could use. Thank you

Please Help Me in my legal fight with the Candy King of America

AUTHOR: Benjamin - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for taking the time to tell your story on this web site. I truly appreciate you telling your story to try to prevent what happened to you, from happening to others

My name is Benjamin Williams, I am writing from the State of Hawaii. I am in the middle of litigation with the Candy King of America, through the American Arbitration Association, out of their Florida Office.

The Case name is: Williams vs. Candy King of America. I am trying to use your story in my litigation proceedings, but the legitimacy of this web site is being questioned, to the extent that all the complaints on this web site are not real, and made up complaints by fake people.

I am begging you to please help me in this fight against the Candy King of America, and Stanley Gladstone. Please print out your complaint from the Bad Business Bureau web site, and attach a statement with your contact information, verifying that you wrote the complaint, you are a real person, and anything else you would like to include about your dealings with the Candy King of America.

Please also indicate if you are in the Florida Area, and if you would be willing to testify at my Final Arbitration proceedings in August. Please help me in this fightyou do not know how much doing this would help me, and how much it would mean to my family and myself.

Please forward this information to my legal representation:

HOWARD R. BEHAR, P.A.
HARBOUR CENTRE AT AVENTURA
SUITE 900
18851 N.E. 29TH AVENUE
AVENTURA, FLORIDA 33180
TEL: 786.279.0034
FAX: 786.279.0033
hrb@beharlegal.com

Sorry this happened to you Joey

AUTHOR: Rachel - (U.S.A.)

Joey,
I am sorry this happened to you. I have also filed with the BBB, Dept of Agr, Attorney General in Pa, and spoke with the Chamber of Commerce in Plantion. I urge you to contact Wrigley with your information. I have headed them towards an internal investigation of Candy King. The more noise we make the better. If we can get Wrigley to pull it out from under them that would teach them. I wish there was some way we could talk but rip-off won't post phone #'s. Here is the address to wrigley, send complaint letter and all the info you can gather to Mr. Tab Kejriwal, c/o Wrigley Sales Co, 410 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago Ill 60611. Also call information in chicago and get the number for Wrigley and ask for Tab Kejriwal. He was very nice and wanted to hear and see everything I had to say. He stated that Wrigley is a professional and ethical company and does not in any way want to be involved with a scam or fraudulous activities. He is the person who deals directly with the Candy King account. Keep me updated as to how you are doing with this. If you need any help let me know.

Good Luck,

Hire a Lawyer.

AUTHOR: Joey - (U.S.A.)

Talk about no business ethics...how does this guy (Stanley Gladstone), and the rest of the employees at Candy King, look themselves in the mirror in the morning. I do not know how Altoids lets them use their name...If they only knew what and how they were selling...

you are lucky you only bought 12 machines... you got off easy.

Don't waste your time with The Better Business Bureau, they are a customer to Stanley Gladstone.
As long as they (CK) respond to a complaint in a timley manner, it does not matter what they respond...They will always be in good standing with the BBB.
I was ripped off for a lot more money...I cannot get into the details, as I am in the process of trying to get the money together to hire a Lawyer to sue these guys...

Good luck to everyone out there who was ripped off by these guys, If I were a lawyer I would be trying to round up people for a class action...

you should all file a complaint with the following:
1.Federal Trade Commission
2.Florida State Attorney Generals Office
3.Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Consumer Services
The Last one sounds funky due to the Agriculture part, but they deal with consumer complaints.
and any other organization you can find to complain to.

Good Luck.