Complaint Review: Canon USA - CompUSA

• Submitted: Sat, January 31, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, April 23, 2004

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
Canon USA - CompUSA
www.canon.com www.compusa.com Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Canon USA - CompUSA Ripoff rebate refusal Aurora Colorado

*Author of original report: rebate problem resolved, took about three months

Last October, I purchased a number of items at CompUSA, which was offering rebates on these items when purchased with Microsoft Office 2003.

One of the items was a Canon i250 bubblejet printer. I submitted the rebate request along with the others.
A few weeks later, Canon informed me that I was not eligible for the rebate because I had not purchased the proper items. Canon maintained that I was supposed to buy a PC, not MS Office. So I went back to CompUSA, showed a store manager the ad, which clearly said MS Office was the product to by, and described my problem. She brushed me off and told me to contact Canon. I did and Canon told me to submit by mail copies of receipts, etc., which I did.

Now I have checked my rebate status on Canon's web site and it is still being rejected, even though I have followed all the guidelines in CompUSA's ad.

CompUSA and Canon offered the rebate, but now no one wants to help. So I'm posting this here and wondering if anyone else has received the same runaround.

Keith
Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2004 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Canon-USA-CompUSA/Aurora-Colorado/Canon-USA-CompUSA-Ripoff-rebate-refusal-Aurora-Colorado-78803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Canon USA - CompUSA

rebate problem resolved, took about three months

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

It took about three months, but the customer service people at Canon U.S.A. finally got my rebate through. However, I did occasionally receive postcards from the rebate processor which continued to tell me that my rebate submission was invalid. My advice? Stay away from Canon rebate offers, but if you do submit one, be ready to harangue their customer service people for a couple of months. If your submission is legit, I think they'll drag the money out eventually.