Complaint Review: Canon Usa

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:new orleans Louisiana
Canon Usa
Lake Success, New York U.S.A.

Canon Usa Sold me a defective digital camera; demanding $150 to repair it Lake Success New York

I purchased a canon digital camera SD1000 series. I paid $350 for it. The camera did not work, I called canon and they told me to mail the camera for repair, so I had to pay to send them a defective camera and then they rip me off to repair it; and I am not sure if it will only work for a short time and then I have to pay them again to repair it. I think the company makes their billions from selling defective products to consumers then making more money repairing them.

I told them to go ahead and keep the camera and they sounded very happy to do just that. If you are good in electronics repairs you can call the repair center and ask them for the camera for free.

This is my first and last Canon item I will ever purchase.

new orleans, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Canon-Usa/Lake-Success-New-York-11042/Canon-Usa-Sold-me-a-defective-digital-camera-demanding-150-to-repair-it-Lake-Success-New-340787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Canon Usa