allowances

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: victim21 — New York New York
Capella University
Internet USA

Capella University Scott Kinney STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!! IT IS A SCAM!!! Minneapoliz Minnesota

*General Comment: Want to contact person who reported this

*Consumer Comment: IT IS A PROBLEM

I enrolled in the University as a business major.  I started off with a basic business course wiht professor Todd Johnson.  There was NO instruction.  Just a bunch of stupid "what would you do" questions that you were graded on.  There were no video lectures or written materials! Just a bunch of quesitons like 'what would you do if your co worker was bothering you or if someone you know took a really long lunch but lied about it".  It was ridiculous!!! When I asked if there was more to this course because I did not think it related to business administration, I was failed from the course and told to take a learner retaker prep course before I could enroll in the next stupid class.  I took the relearner which basically was not a course but, again, a bunch of stupid quesitions like how much time do you need to spend with your family on the weekend and how much time for dinner and school work.  I FAILED THAT TOO when I complained again!!! When I emailed the instructor, I was ignored - the school counselor ignored my emails, the President Kinney also ignored me! I was withdrawn from the school and now stuck with a student loan, they STOLE my Pell Grant and they sent me a bill from a collection agency for $170.  I have no idea what it is for and no one in the school responds to me! Stay away from this bogus school!  It is the biggest scam.  They WILL steal your money! I read bad revews about the school before but stupid me didn't believe the students writing the reviews!  Please stay away! They apparently take the money of the students and because there is no real program, they throw you out leaving you with debt.  I have contacted a lawyer who is going to represent myself and 55 other students in a class action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2014 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capella-University/internet/Capella-University-Scott-Kinney-STAY-AWAY-FROM-THIS-SCHOOL-IT-IS-A-SCAM-Minneapoliz-1137030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capella University

#1 General Comment

Want to contact person who reported this

AUTHOR: Rachel - ()

Hi,

I would like to contact the person who wrote this report so I can join the class action suit. How can I reach him?

IT IS A PROBLEM

AUTHOR: Outraged - ()

Thanks for posting this warning. I have been sounding this alarm for 10 years and it took me a long while to understand that people don't believe what is being said about this schoool. Moreover, it is even more difficult to consider that they are yes, continuing to get away with it due to the negligence of the legislative climate and the legal obstacles. It would seem there are a couple of CA camps on this: the Psychology students who were APA baited and switched, doctoral candidates that got strung out on their process, the business folks you are discussing and various programs who have been given the run around. Damages are wide spread and if I can assist contact me (((email redacted))) as they should be shut down. There is a duty to students who are vulnerable who must by virture of the relationship, put their professional ives in anothers hands..