Complaint Review: Capillus, LLC

• Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Charles D. — New York New York
Capillus, LLC
Miami, Florida United States of America

Capillus, LLC Carlos Pia Are Crooks, They took my money and never sent my LaserCap! Miami, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Capillus provides Excellent Customer Service. We're here to help.

*UPDATE Employee: Capillus has an Excellent Customer Service History with Customers. We're here to help.

I am still so shocked that this has happened to me! A Friend of mine originally purchased the LaserCap, which worked for him and seemed to be a great product. But it was so expensive ($3,000) and so I started looking around for a few deals on the product. I first a website called HairConsultant.com and called them asking for a discount, and while they were very friendly and able to give me some hair loss products along with the cap, that obviously helped my friend, I still wanted a much better deal than paying $3,000!

So I kept on looking around and found the cap on Ebay selling for $2,000 but I am leary of buying such an expensive product on ebay. So I kept looking...

And that's when I found the answer, or so I thought! I found the Capillus offered by a man named Carols Pena, who at first was very kind and helpful. [continued below]....
..... He told me he could sell me the exact same product my friend had but that it was called the Capillus. He said it was "literally the same product with a different sticker" and I said it sounds like an amazing deal. But I was skeptikal having never heard of the product before and knowing knock-offs are a pretty common thing these days. After doing some research I found his website and a few reviews. I now know those reviews are fake. I have a freind of mine in the internet marketing industry and he has shown me how The Reviews for Capillus are all fake.

But it all looked legitimate to me and so thinking I was getting a deal went ahead and made a payment on my credit card to this person for the "special price" he was offering the product at. He sent me a receipt and everything and said I would have my product in 2 weeks at the most.

This is where it gets interesting. Immediately after purchase, like 2 hours later, my bank calls me and says there was a fraud alert on my account. I was charged the special price TWICE! So I ended up paying almost double the price because I was trying to get a deal. So I called him back immediately and got no answer, then getting worried I tried a few more times. Nothing! I found another phone number listed on the website and tried calling that, was told he was out of the office but they could help me. Told them the whole story... they say dont worry we will take care of it. Give us two days. Three days go by and I hear nothing. Try calling both numbers and no one answers.

And so it went for 3 weeks, long past the time my Cap was supposed to be delivered. Ive left messages made demands even contacteed an attorney. Seems they have just vanished.

I was able to get my credit card company to reverse one of the charges as "duplication error" but I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY PRODUCT 2 MONTHS LATER! I have no recourse it seems so hoping this has happened to others so maybe we can all do something together.

I really feel stupid in trying to save a few hundred dollars I have cost myself 1,000s and my hair is getting worse everyday.

If you are thinking about getting a LaserCap please do yourself and DO NOT buy a Capillus, you will only be ripped off! Stay away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capillus-LLC/Miami-Florida-/Capillus-LLC-Carlos-Pia-Are-Crooks-They-took-my-money-and-never-sent-my-LaserCap-Miami-1044380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capillus, LLC

Capillus provides Excellent Customer Service. We're here to help.

AUTHOR: Capillus, LLC - ()

Hello Mr. Charles. I am the marketing manager for Capillus. I am very sorry for your troubles. This is the first we hear of this complaint, we have no case history on such a matter nor any issues or complaints from our merchant account.  We checked with Carlos Pia, CEO of the company, and there is no such order or conversations on his behalf. It is possible that someone may have posed illegitimately as a representative of Capillus.

This is a peculiar situation as we typically do not sell our products directly to patients but through our authorized network of experts in hair restoration. Our product, the Capillus 272 sells for $3000, the same price as the LaserCap, which we also believe to be a decent product. No such better price "deals" are offered through our company. Pricing for the Capillus 272 vs. the LaserCap is better due to the features and on a per laser basis but the MSRP is the same on both products. The Capillus 272 product is not the same product as the LaserCap.

Capillus272 vs LaserCap
The Capillus272 features 272 lasers (48 more lasers than the LaserCap at the same price) and it has more coverage of the temporal area due to its deeper fit. The Capillus272 uses 2 pin cable connectors on the device & battery pack, ensuring for a tight and proper fit of the cables. The cables also have a twist lock which secures the cables from coming loose. This also prevents users from inadvertently connecting the wall charger to the device directly and ruining the device. The finishes of the Capillus272 product are higher in quality than others in the market. The premium quality sports cap that is included with the Capillus272 features a slit on the back for the device cable to fit through comfortably.  The Capillus device also carries a 5 year parts & labor warranty (as opposed to LaserCap's 3 year).

Excellent Customer Service
Our company prides itself in outstanding customer service and is very thorough in all communications with customers, including clear usage and operating instructions, and warranty registration and service.

It is very disconcerting that someone would be trying to harm the good reputation of Capillus, LLC and falsify its identity. We take this issue very seriously and rest assure our attorneys have put investigators on the case to determine if someone is illegitimately posing as a Capillus representative.

Resolution
Please contact us at service@capillus.com with your phone number or other contact information or call us directly at 786-888-6249. Please be prepared to provide us with your order number and date and we would be happy to help you with your situation and or document this case for our investigators to get in touch with you. Please reference your order number and have prepared your transaction date and number to verify with the merchant service company.

AUTHOR: Capillus, LLC - ()

Capillus272 vs LaserCap

Customer Service

Resolution

Please contact us at service@capillus.com with your phone number or other contact information or call us directly at 786-888-6249. Please be prepared to provide us with your order number and date and we would be happy to help you with your situation and or document this case for our investigators to get in touch with you. Please reference your order number and have prepared your transaction date and number to verify with the merchant service company.