Complaint Review: Capital Acquisitions And Management Company (CAMCO)

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2004

• Reported By:Bowie Maryland
Capital Acquisitions And Management Company (CAMCO)
P.O. Box 5087 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Acquisitions And Management Company (CAMCO) Attempted Collection on Supposed Debt over 15 years old Rockford Illinois

I was called at my office and told I owed a debt to Chase of over $2000 from over 15 years ago. Concluding our conversation, the agent was to send me a letter identifying the debt, address of debtor, dates, etc. I never received the data. He then left me an "important I talk to you right away" message. On returning his call, I said I didn't get the letter and I have no proof of him or his company or the debt. He said they needed an "Affidavit" in order to legally collect the debt and be in conjunction with the Fair Debt Collection Act.

I requested he fax the affidavit along with the letter. Instead I got a demand letter for payment within two days and a note saying "Letter of Affidavit is Not available for fax. Used only for internal purposes." I wrote back demanding proof. Then when looking into the Fair Debt Collection Act, I looked at the RipOffReport and found I was among 209 others!! Next call I will refer CAMCO to this site!!

Linda
Bowie, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2004 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-CAMCO/Rockford-Illinois-61125/Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-CAMCO-Attempted-Collection-on-Supposed-Debt-78937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Acquisitions And Management Company (CAMCO)