Complaint Review: Capital Acquisitions Management Co (CAMCO)

• Submitted: Wed, February 11, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 11, 2004

• Reported By:Sierra Vista Arizona
Capital Acquisitions Management Co (CAMCO)
PO Box 5087 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Acquisitions Management Co (CAMCO) ripoff Rockford Illinois

They called me on 10 Feb 04 regarding credit card debt from the 80's (supposedly). They said the debt, now with interest, was $505. They said that if I paid the $202, they would be happy and they would close the acct. I asked them how they found me, considering they called me on my husband's cell phone which isn't tied to me at all) and they said they had my social security number, but I didn't verify the number and they didn't repeat it to me. They were using my last name from the 80's, which had changed quite a few years ago.

They provided me with no proof of this acct, when it was opened, etc. I have perfect credit, and never once has this shown up on my credit report. Never once have I received any kind of notice in the mail that I had a delinquent account. They basically wanted me to take care of this on the spot.

I asked them to email me/mail me their information and I would look it over. I then received an email from them, stating basically the same thing as in our conversation. I decided to do a search for them on-line and this site came up. Glad I did that. They then called me back to see if I had received their email. I told them that I had, and that I had found this site on-line, and that they're many listings about them as being fraudulent, a scam and a hoax. The lady on the phone then became agitated and stated that I shouldn't believe what I read on-line as it is often false.

I then told her that I had printed out the webpage, and the email they sent, and was turning it over to my lawyer. She got very angry, and insisted that I give her my lawyer's name and phone number and that she would do it herself. I hung up. I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, and at the FirstGov.gov website.

Sierra Vista, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2004 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Co-CAMCO/Rockford-Illinois-61125/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Co-CAMCO-ripoff-Rockford-Illinois-80029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Acquisitions Management Co (CAMCO)