Complaint Review: Capital Acquisitions & Management Company (CAMCO)

• Submitted: Mon, March 22, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, March 22, 2004

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Capital Acquisitions & Management Company (CAMCO)
303 N. Main Street Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Acquisitions & Management Company (CAMCO) ripoff fraudulent billing unfair debt collection practices Rockford Illinois

On February 11, 2004 I arrived home from work to find a voice mail message from a Nicky Lindo with CAMCO. With my curiosity peaked, I returned the call the following day only to be told in the most unprofessional manner that they were calling to collect on a debt of $3,806.66.

Unaware of owing any such debt and thinking that I might have been a victim of identity theft, I asked for information on where the debt originated only to be told that "you should know, you created it" (the nerve!). Not allowed to get a word in, I was then asked to verify my SSN which I refused to do. At that point and to my complete amazement, Ms. Lindo recited my SSN to me (very scary)and told me that the debt was from a joint Visa account that my ex-husband and I had held over 20 years ago!!

I told Ms. Lindo how unfortunate I thought it was for her to have the unenviable task of trying to collect on 20 year old debt, and that she was wasting her time as she would never get a dime out of me. I requested that she not call me again, at which time she screamed "collection efforts will continue" and hung up on me.

I have since received a demand letter and several more very unprofessional phone calls, each one ending with Ms. Lindo screaming into the phone "collection efforts will continue" before she hangs up on me.

After the last call I decided to file an online complaint with the Federal Trade Commission "FTC". They provided me with information outlining the legalities of LEGITIMATE debt collection. Believe me, after reading their literature I realized that there is NOTHING legitimate about CAMCO!

I'm shocked that in this day and age businesses such as CAMCO are alive and well. Since there's no telling what they might do next, I called the three major credit reporting agencies and had my account flagged so that I would be notified of any activity and I also sent CAMCO a Cease & Desist letter via Certified mail.

If you've been harrassed by these scammers I urge you to do the same and file a complaint with the FTC, BBB, OAG and any other agency you can think of, these criminals need to be put out of business!!

Lynn
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2004 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Company-CAMCO/Rockford-Illinois-61101/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Company-CAMCO-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-unfair-debt-co-84941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Acquisitions & Management Company (CAMCO)