Complaint Review: Capital Acquisitions & Management Company

• Submitted: Tue, July 29, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2003

• Reported By:San Diego California
Capital Acquisitions & Management Company
Po Box 5087 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Acquisitions Management Company ripoff fraudulent debt collection consumer fraud ripoff Rockford Illinois

I received a letter in the mail stating that I owed a large debt to Montgomery Ward and that Camco was collecting on that debt. The letter stated that they were extending a most generous offer to me by reducing the amount owed by $386.84 if I acted quickly enough to take advantage of the offer.

I knew that I had never shopped at Montgomery Ward and that they had closed their doors in December of the previous year, so my first reaction was that someone had stolen my identity and incurred this debt.

Before I called Camco, I searched the Internet for the company name and this site was the first hit. I clicked on the link and read a nice report about how Camco had tried this type of ripoff with other consumers who had reported them here.

I am so grateful that this site exists and is availalble to the public so that we can protect ourselves from those that would defraud us.

Thanks for being there.

Cary
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2003 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois-61125-0087/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Company-ripoff-fraudulent-debt-collection-consumer-fraud-64875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Acquisitions & Management Company