Complaint Review: Capital Acquisitions & Management Company

• Submitted: Tue, May 11, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, May 11, 2004

• Reported By:Youngstown Ohio
Capital Acquisitions & Management Company
P.O Box 5247 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Acquisitions & Management Company Ripoff Collection Agency Rockford Illinois

I received a letter from CAMCO regarding a balance of $2722.03 for a Marine Midland Bank. I called CAMCO to see what this debt was for as I had no knowledge of any account with this company. I spoke to a rep and was advised that he did not know what this balance was for.

He questioned if I ever had a car repossessed or a loan with them. I stated that I never had a car repossessed or a loan with Marine Midland Bank. I requested a copy of the signed contact and he stated they do not have to provide this and I would have to contact Marine Midland Bank and request this. I called Marine Midland Bank and was advised by a representative not to pay this balance and it is CAMCO's responsibility to provide a copy of the signed contract. I received another call from CAMCO and advised them of the call to Marine Midland Bank.

The CAMCO rep stated again they do not have to provide this information and the burden of proof was on me to show this is not my debt. I spoke to the representative's supervisor and he restated what the rep told me. I gave the supervisor the phone number to Marine Midland Bank and advised that I am not paying a debt I have no knowledge of. I am being told to prove something that I have no knowledge of and that only the collection agency can supply me with, which they are refusing to do so.

Patricia
Youngstown, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2004 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois-61125-0247/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Company-Ripoff-Collection-Agency-Rockford-Illinois-91081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Acquisitions & Management Company