Complaint Review: Capital Acquisitions & Management Company

• Submitted: Wed, April 16, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2003

• Reported By:Basehor Kansas
Capital Acquisitions & Management Company
Not Available Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Acquisitions Management Company consumer rip-off harrassing collection agency fraud Rockford Illinois

This company has contacted us by phone twice. The first phone call was in February. The phone call received last night accused us of throwing away letters they claim to have sent. They are trying to collect on a Montgomery Ward account from 1987 which they say my husband had. He has no recollection of this account being unpaid. It's over 15 years old. There has never been any reference to it on credit reports we have received. They say the unpaid account was $331 but we now owe over $740 because of interest and penalties.

I asked how that could be when we've never received any correspondence regarding this in over 15 years. Then they tell us we can settle the account for $241.70. I asked them to FAX me a copy of the two letters they reportedly mailed to me. I received two letters which say if I do not respond within 30 days, I will be charged the full amount. When I checked the internet and found all the negative info about this company, it appears to me that they are targeting older individuals. My husband is 65, has been suffering from emphysema for 9 years and was diagnosed with lung cancer in January.

We don't need to be dealing with this kind of stress when we already have all we can handle. We unfortunately had to file bankruptcy seven years ago. We have rebuilt our credit and do not need something like this threatening what we have worked so hard for. In contacting our attorney, he advised we do not talk to them. They can't collect on a debt this old. . .if there ever was a debt!

Basehor, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2003 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Company/Rockford-Illinois/Capital-Acquisitions-Management-Company-consumer-rip-off-harrassing-collection-agency-frau-53238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Acquisitions & Management Company