aroused

• Submitted: Wed, October 06, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, October 07, 2004

• Reported By:New York New York
Capital Acquisitions
P.O.Box 5087 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO Capital Acquisitions And Management Company rip-off! Rockford Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Be sure to cc: the New York attorney general and Illinois Attorney General

*Author of original report: Sent Cease and Desist letter

I received a phone call stating that I owed $759.73. I tried to get more information like where the store was located and if they could give me a more specific time frame other than "sometime in 1990" and they could not. I called back but got voice mail. I left a message and waited for a response from them. Instead I received a letter stating the same information above about them settling for $759.73.

I left another message stating if I did not receive a response from them in a timely matter I would contact the CAMCO Compliance Director and the FTC. I contacted the Compliance Director and Surprise, surprise got a voice mail. I called the company one last time and requested the information of the people/company they purchased my alleged debt from. They informed me it was Midland Acquisitions but they could not tell me which state they were located in.

I put this in a search engine and your site popped up. I felt compelled to post my experience to help others as I feel Belinda's story about her brother has helped me. Thank You.

Ijola
New York City, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2004 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Acquisitions/Rockford-Illinois-61125-0247/CAMCO-Capital-Acquisitions-And-Management-Company-rip-off-Rockford-Illinois-111739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Acquisitions

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Be sure to cc: the New York attorney general and Illinois Attorney General

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

They've already received complaints on Camco, and need to know that they are continuing their criminal misbehavior in the five boroughs and in the State of New York.

The addresses where you can send copies of your complaint are:

New York City Department of Consumer Affairs

500 South Second Street
Springfield, IL 62706

Sent Cease and Desist letter

AUTHOR: Ijola - (U.S.A.)

I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission which you can do online at www.ftc.gov and sent a cease and desist letter to Capital Acquisitions and Management Company.