Complaint Review: Capital Aquisitions & Management Company (CAMCO)

• Submitted: Sat, March 29, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, March 29, 2003

• Reported By:APO Florida
Capital Aquisitions & Management Company (CAMCO)
P.O. Box 5087 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Aquisitions & Management Company CAMCO is a ripoff, direspectful, rude and threatening business has victimized many consumers Rockford Illinois

I have just recieved a letter form CAMCO telling me that I have an outstanding debt of $1,523.46. In the letter I was given the name of Ann Michaels to call at 866-310-1603 to discuss this matter.

In the letter it stated that this so called debt had been transferred from Barnett Bank to FOURSCORE RESOURCE CAPITAL and noe to CAMCO.

I called ANN Michaels at CAMCO and was immediatley transferred to a Jeff Steel. Mr. Steel, although he was nice, could not answer any of questions regarding this debt. He continually quoted what was already stated in the letter of which I informed him that I could read but wanted additional information. He then transferred me to anonther individual who was quite rude. Neither individual could answer the question of what this debt concerned. They did say that the last activity with the debt was in 1993.

After further investigation I found out that Ann Michaels had been calling my Mother and harassing her. When Ann Michaels refused to disclose any information about why she was calling my Mother refused to provide her with any help. Ann Michaels then proceeded to call my Mother "stupid" and stated that she was "not going to bomb them or anything". With everything going on in the world like it is this is not the kind of statement that should be made.

The bottom line is this - I have completed numerous business deals, own two houses and purchased many automobiles, all while relying on my good credit. Not once in all these transactions has this debt come up on any credit report. Then, all of a sudden, out of the clear blue, this company CAMCO says that I owe a debt but thay cannot provide any information on the specifics of this alleged debt.

From what I have found through this website and others is that this is truly a scam. I will file additonal complaints through the BBB as well as the Attorny Generals Office in Illinois and the Federal Trade Commision. CAMCO is breaking the law, DO NOT pay them!

James
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2003 02:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Aquisitions-Management-Company-CAMCO/Rockford-Illinois-61125/Capital-Aquisitions-Management-Company-CAMCO-is-a-ripoff-direspectful-rude-and-threate-50914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Aquisitions & Management Company (CAMCO)