Complaint Review: Capital Choice Consumer Credit, Hartford Auto Club

• Submitted: Tue, August 20, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, August 20, 2002

• Reported By:Austin Tx
Capital Choice Consumer Credit, Hartford Auto Club
666 NE 125th Street Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Choice Consumer Credit Hartford Auto Club scammed me then gave my bank account info away!! Miami Florida

Hello to all.....

I can't believe what i have found on this company!!!!

First of all...I recieved a credit card application in the mail from Capital Choice Consumer Credit saying I was approved for a credit card. All I had to do was send in 39.00 for processing fee. Being young I don't know anything about credit cards and scams. So I sent them a check....and never recieved a card.

I tried calling and could never get through. I kept getting different numbers. Then they gave away my bank account information to the Hartford Auto Club!!! I noticed a charge of $99 in my account and didn't know where it came from. I called the bank and got the number to call.

I finally got thru and talk to someone and they had said that I consented to this(jerks!). I had never heard of this! Never even got a phone call or anything! They said they were associated with Capitol Choice Consumer Credit. Recently I have tried to get out of this and Hartford Auto Club told me that since I paid the $99 membership fee it would cost me another $99 fee to cancel! I told them I didn't consent to that and they told me there was nothing they could do!

I have changed my bank account so that nothing else can be taken out. What else can I do?? Please help!!

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2002 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Choice-Consumer-Credit-Hartford-Auto-Club/Miami-Florida-33161/Capital-Choice-Consumer-Credit-Hartford-Auto-Club-scammed-me-then-gave-my-bank-account-inf-27461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Choice Consumer Credit, Hartford Auto Club