Complaint Review: Capital Finance Services/Gregory Taylor/Carol Evans/Bruce Hobson

• Submitted: Fri, January 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2008

• Reported By:North Battleford Saskatchewan
Capital Finance Services/Gregory Taylor/Carol Evans/Bruce Hobson
70 York St Suite 710 Toronto Ontario Toronto, Ontario Canada
  • Phone: 416-2031891
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Capital Finance Services/Gregory Taylor/Carol Evans/Bruce Hobson Approved me for a secured loan of 5000.00. I had to send 500.00 up front but would get it back in 3 monthe if my first 3 payments were made on time. Toronto Ontario Canada

I was not approved for a unsecured loan but based on my income I was approved for a secured loan of 5000.00 if I sent 10% up front.
I filled out , what I thought were ligitimate loan documents. Faxed a void cheque and ID etc.
I was to send the 500.00 by Western Union to a Security Officer by the name of Carol Evans. I would have my funds in 2-3 business days.
I was notified the next day by Gregory Taylor that Carol Evans was on a leave of Absence and that I had to change the name on the Wire Transfer to Bruce Hobson. I was then suspicious but carried on.
I waited for my money for about 4 days. I called the so called customer service phone number(which was very hard at all times to get through to any one) and was told that my file was red flagged by their risk managemnt team. They were looking into my credit rating further (so I was told). They said It appeared to them that I was going to borrow money from somewhere else. I told them I was not. The girl on the phone said it would take up to 2 weeks to "clear my file". I knew then that I was ripped off.
I phoned them about one week later and was told my file was cleared and the funds would be in my account on Dec 21/08. They were not.
On Dec 27/08 there phones were no longer in service.
This entire nightmare occured over a 1 month period.

Jacquie
North Battleford, Saskatchewan
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2008 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Finance-ServicesGregory-TaylorCarol-EvansBruce-Hobson/Toronto-Ontario/Capital-Finance-ServicesGregory-TaylorCarol-EvansBruce-Hobson-Approved-me-for-a-secured-297039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Finance Services/Gregory Taylor/Carol Evans/Bruce Hobson