Complaint Review: Capital Financial Service - Capital Financial Group - Capital One Financial

• Submitted: Tue, August 10, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 07, 2004

• Reported By:San Diego California
Capital Financial Service - Capital Financial Group - Capital One Financial
1615 North Lincoln Avenue Salem, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-859-8412
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Capital Financial Service, Capital Financial Group, Capital One Financial rip-off! CON ARTISTS PREY ON MILITARY PERSONNEL/CIVILIANS! Salem Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Why pay to get money

Answering an ad in the Navy Compass, I was able to be assisted over the phone with a loan application. Within 24 hours (1 July 2004), I was approved for $5,000.00. They told me that I have to Western Union $749.00 to a Alexander Courier in Brampton, Ontario, Canada, so I did.

I called the next day (2 July 2004), and said that he received the transfer, and then told me in order to get the loan, I would have to Western Union Dave Lemay $479.59 for allocation of funds. Reluctantly, I did what they had asked. All Western Union wiring fees were promised to be paid back.

After 2 July 2004, they were not able to be contacted, their answering machine is on with no personal contact. I was able to call back and speak to a lady by the name of Lila Sheena and she told me that a check was sent for a full refund of $1,348.00. In return, I bounced my $1,300.00 rent check for the month of July 2004.

I have a wife and child to support, and I relied upon this loan to help ease my financial hardship. Now, I face even a greater challenge. I am trying my best to get my money back, and to no avail, I have no luck. I am not giving up on my money and will be persistent until I have received my refund in full.

Victorino
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2004 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Financial-Service-Capital-Financial-Group-Capital-One-Financial/Salem-Ohio-44459/Capital-Financial-Service-Capital-Financial-Group-Capital-One-Financial-rip-off-CON-ART-102930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Financial Service - Capital Financial Group - Capital One Financial

Why pay to get money

AUTHOR: Sherridan - (U.S.A.)

Just a simple question. Why would you pay someone to receive money back from them? I know you probably look back on it now and realize that is was a big big mistake. I really hope you get your money back.