Complaint Review: Capital First Benefits, Inc., Capital Choice Consumer Credit

• Submitted: Mon, July 08, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, July 09, 2002

• Reported By:San Marcos CA
Capital First Benefits, Inc., Capital Choice Consumer Credit
18495 S Dixie Hwy #228 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital First Benefits Inc., Capital Choice Consumer Credit consumer fraud ripoff Miami Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Cancel Account and File Dispute of Withdrawl

Let me start of by saying "I'm sorry" to all the people that got scammed by Capital Choice Consumer Credit dba Capital First, or any other 2,000 business names they have!

I TOO GOT SCAMMED so I understand that you are really angry and frustrated with these $#%@!$. I just hope that this company is shut down and is no longer able to rip-off consumers like ourselves. Well here's what happened to me...

I received a phone call from Capital First stating that I am approved for a Visa/MC for a credit line of up to $5,000. They stated that for $29.95, they would send me a trial period in which I can use the credit card. After the 7 day trial period, if I was satified with the program, I can just call the customer service number and let them know when I will have the available funds for the processing and annual fees, otherwise I can just "throw the package away".

Upon these terms, I agreed and gave them my banking information (which was to be used SOLELY for the $29.95, the shipping and handling). I then received that packet in the mail and found out that it isn't a VISA/MC card but a "CATALOG CARD" which can only be used to purchase items from them. I was highly disappointed but figured.."Hey, it was only $30, I'll cut my losses and just throw it away".

Well come to figure, about 2 weeks later (7/2) I noticed that there was a withdrawl from my account for $59 and $99. I was shocked and confused on why this money was coming out of our account and who was withdrawing it. I then contacted the number on my statement and talked to a customer service representative. After about 15 minutes of arguing with her about this incident, I asked to speak to her supervisor. She then neglected to put her supervisor on the phone stating that "she will only tell you what I have already told you", which is that "we have no record of the money being withdrawn so thus we are unable to issue a refund"...

by this time I was furious...I then asked if I could talk to her boss...she got him on the phone (Codell, Floor Supervisor #112). After explaining my problem, Codell stated that "we have no record of the money being withdrawn..." and that "you have to mail in the copy of the debit so we can see that the money is withdrawn"... Then I asked if I can just fax it so we can take care of it now and he responded by saying "We do not have any fax machines here....or email".

Ok by this time I have about had it. He then stated that he would file a complaint with the COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT and someone will call me within 48 hours (yeah right, i know how that goes). Well, I still haven't received a call back yet and I am not going to just sit here and let them take my money!

San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2002 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-First-Benefits-Inc-Capital-Choice-Consumer-Credit/Miami-Florida/Capital-First-Benefits-Inc-Capital-Choice-Consumer-Credit-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Miami-Fl-24189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital First Benefits, Inc., Capital Choice Consumer Credit

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Cancel Account and File Dispute of Withdrawl

AUTHOR: Jason J - ()

I just wanted to add-on to my letter above in regards to . If this has happened to you, please do the following:

1. File a "Dispute" with your bank for the amount debited.

2. Close your bank account! Or else they will just keep debiting your account with other business names.

3. Complete a "Rip-off Report" just like I did.

4. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

5. Visit www.ftc.gov for any information pertaining to the complaint brought by the FTC against the forementioned parties.

6. Be careful next time someone calls you for a credit card...I know I will!