barely

• Submitted: Fri, July 26, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, July 28, 2002

• Reported By:Newburg MO
Capital First Benefits
18495 South Dixie Highway #228 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital First Benefits, Premium Mega Savers, Hartford Auto Club con artist fake ripoff Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: HOW TO FIGHT THESE SCAMS

*Consumer Suggestion: There is NO legit

Thank God for this website or I would have been clueless as to what was going on in my checking account. I felt that I should also contribute my own similar ripoff story about these con artist bastards.

On June 3rd, I got that phone call in the middle of the day. The Capital First representative said that I had applied for their credit card and my application was accepted. The company did sound reputable and beneficial to me, so I answered some questions for them. I was then transferred to a very friendly "supervisor" who asked if I understood and agreed to the terms and conditions. Next I was to listen to the computer generated voice prompting system, and my responses would be recorded.

On June 6th, another representative called me to verify my mailing address so that they could send me the so-called credit card. I told them that, after some consideration, I had changed my mind and wanted my refund. They asked me specific reasons and then hung up. During the next two days, two more reps. called me trying to verify my mailing address. I explained that I had already told them that I had concluded my business with them and wanted my refund.

I believed everything would be alright until I got the bank statement. It said that on June 6th, the very same day that I had asked for my refund, $29.95 was debited from my checking account. This pissed me off, so I called the toll-free number Capital First had given me. I was politely told that the computers were down and, if I would leave my name and number, someone would get back to me. I did and nobody called. The next day I called again, same thing, and I left my name and number. After that, I started demanding to speak with a representative who could just credit the $29.95 back to me and be done with it. She told me that they weren't able to do that because they couldn't pull up my account information.

We kept up this routine until July 19th, when I was told that the computers were working again. I told the lady my problem and she said she couldn't help me because the $29.95 AND THE $59.95 were non-refundable after the 30-day cancellation date. She told me that my cancellation date was July 12th, which was a lie. I said that I had REPEATEDLY TRIED to cancel it, AND I wasn't aware that $59.95 had ever been taken from me as well. She told me to write to the corporate office in Miami. I did and never got a reply.

On July 23rd, my bank statement said that $59.95 and $99.95 had been debited under the initials CFB (Capital First Benefits). Also an additional $54.90 was debited under the initials PMS (Premium Mega Savers). I went to my bank and filed four reports saying that I did not authorize those debits. When I got back home, my boyfriend had looked them up on the internet and found Dru's ripoff report on Capital First. So I immediately went back to the bank and had to close down the checking account, open a new one, and buy new checks. Before I closed my account, I found that ANOTHER $99.00 was debited under HAC (Hartford Auto Club)!!! Unbelievable!!! I wonder how those bastards sleep at night!

Today is July 26th, and I have to wait six more days before I will know if I can get that $350 credited back to me. If not, I will have to keep trying whatever it takes. I'M ON TO YOU, CAPITAL FIRST PHONIES!!!

Karla
Rolla, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2002 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-First-Benefits/Miami-Florida-33157/Capital-First-Benefits-Premium-Mega-Savers-Hartford-Auto-Club-con-artist-fake-ripoff-Mia-25452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital First Benefits

HOW TO FIGHT THESE SCAMS

AUTHOR: Donna - ()

These scams are ruining America. FIGHT THEM, Fight by letting the media know! Fight by letting the media KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE! You can find an extensive list of email address's. TELL THE USA! Put them on alert, so it won't happen to others. There are TWO separate posts, one for newspapers and television and radio, and another for VISA, MASTERCARD, and the FDIC, Use BOTH. This is the to find TITLED..RAPE OF AMERICA!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

There is NO legit

AUTHOR: anti - ()

You wrote:
" The Capital First representative said that I had applied for their credit card and my application was accepted. The company did sound reputable and beneficial to me, so I answered some questions for them."

No, they definetely DID NOT sound reputable. LEGIT credit card companies NEVER call you with a "your application accepted" - they send you a letter. They never ask AGAIN the data on your application that you once submitted. They never call ANY of their consumer to verify anything. They always send letters, and ask personal data ONLY if YOU initiated the call, by calling their consumer service.

HANG UP the phone if ANYBODY call you with ANY financial offer. Request the information in mail. There is no way to know WHO is the real caller (anybody can claim to be from a legit bank), and even if the offer legit, there is no way you can see all the fine print during a 5 minute long phone call.

If you get the offer in mail, research the company on the net. If they do not have web page, it is a warning sign. Legit companies have nothing to hide, and can afford $70/year for a web site. Check reports here, or post your questions here.

I hope you can get back ALL of your money. Because you acted fast, in less than 30 days, you have very good chance.
GOOD LUCK