Complaint Review: Capital First Benefits,Advantage Capital, Capital One, Hartford Auto Club

• Submitted: Thu, July 11, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, July 31, 2002

• Reported By:Tucson AZ
Capital First Benefits,Advantage Capital, Capital One, Hartford Auto Club
18495 S. Dixie Hwy., Suite 228 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital First Benefits, Advantage Capital, Capital One, Hartford Auto Club Scam, Scam, and Scammimg but not by the time I finish with them! Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: Nice Try!

*Consumer Suggestion: ROAN COMMUNICATIONS Update

*0: EDitor's staff Response to the above question posed by consumer:

*Consumer Suggestion: Corporate info ? ..EDitor's Response to the above question posed by consumer:

*Consumer Comment: Roan Communications Company

*UPDATE Employee: Apologies

After receiving a telephone call from someone representing to be an agent for Capital One, I was offered an unsecured credit card with a $2,500 credit limit. Because my husband has a credit card with Capital One (not First Capital who was actually calling), I thought it was a great offer. I agreed to pay a $29.95 fee which was to be taken from my account and gave them the next available check # in my check book.

I specifically asked them if there was ANY other charges and they said that a $99.00 anual fee would be charged on the credit card but nothing more on my account. They said that after the $29.00 fee was processed that I would receive my card in the mail. Unlike what others filing complaints on this site have been told about a 7 day cancellation period, nothing of the like was explained to me.

They were taping the conversation however so was I.

I never received a thing from them however they have somehow managed to debit my account for $29.95, $59.95, $99.95 and $99.oo for something called the Hartford Auto Club. In addition to that my account became overdrawn and I was charged an additional 62.00 in overdraft fees.

I tried to resolve it by telephone but the agent would not let me speak to a supervisor, so instead I filed a comnplaint with the BBB (as many others have and if they haven't they should!). I did find out through the BBB that thier address was a mail box at Mail Boxes Etc.(who will be notified as well about breaking US postal regulations). I did call my bank and I am awaiting the outcome of the funds being reversed however I AM SOOOOOOO &##@^%# mad that I plan to organize a class action suit against these low life, blood sucking creeps!! I have already consulted with an attorney who is one of the top class action lawyers in the country and is willing to take the case on contingency if I can round up enough people and by the looks of it there are plenty out there.

IF ANYONE HAS BEEN misled, lied to, and screwed in a simalar manner by Capital First or any of their affiliates then I please ask you to join with me in helping put these scam artist's where they belong. I can be reached by e-mail at: lightsway@msn.com

Kim
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2002 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-First-BenefitsAdvantage-Capital-Capital-One-Hartford-Auto-Club/Miami-Florida-33157/Capital-First-Benefits-Advantage-Capital-Capital-One-Hartford-Auto-Club-Scam-Scam-and-1029004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital First Benefits,Advantage Capital, Capital One, Hartford Auto Club

Nice Try!

AUTHOR: Kim - ()

Jean,

Apologies excepted?....I think NOT. However thank you for the information because if what you say is so, I can now include Roan Communications Inc, to my suit as well. And if what you say is so...than EVERYONE who has filed a complaint with Rip off Report.com,the Attorney General, the FTC,the BBB etc.etc. should also file a complaint against Roan Communications, Inc.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

ROAN COMMUNICATIONS Update

AUTHOR: Nina - ()

An update to the addresses listed above.
Roan Communications currently operates
a call center with 50-100 operators located
at the 666 NE 125 Street Suite S246 address.
Their "corporate office" is located at
696 NE 125 Street North Miami FL 33161.

If you are willing to wait on hold for
10 - 30 minutes you will be able to
cancel your account and prevent further
charges to your checking account.

The Roan call center Phone number is
1-866-849-1964.

Reminder:
Offers of free (or cheap) stuff are
usually too good to be true.

#3 0

EDitor's staff Response to the above question posed by consumer:

AUTHOR: - ()

This whole mess is very difficult to unweave. I am not so sure that Roan is that legitimate. Andy E. Treusch, attorney-at-law, has a string of defunct corporations. Why? and he also teams up with RODERICK J MOBLEY. Is that the same guy, who is a preacher in south Florida. Just earning a buck in the name of the Lord?

ROAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC. & RAD CALL CENTER, INC.
666 NE 125 ST, S246
N MIAMI FL 33161
Directors-TREUSCH, ANDY; MOBLEY, RODERICK J

WESTBROOK AUTO CLUB, INC.
696 NE 125 STREET
NORTH MIAMI FL 33161

SPEEDY AUTO CLUB, INC.
696 11 E 125TH
FEI Number 651041421
12121 NE 16TH AVE
MIAMI FL 33161

FIRST TEAM INVESTMENTS, INC.
12121 NE 16TH AVENUE
NORTH MIAMI FL 33161
TREUSCH ENTERPRISES, INC.
11900 BISCAYNE BLVD.
STE. 400
N. MIAMI FL 33181
FEI Number 650221229
Registered Agent TREUSCH, ANDY E
Officers: President-TREUSCH, IRVING; Vice President-TREUSCH, BARBARA; Treasurer-TREUSCH, ANDY

ANDY TREUSCH, ATTORNEY AT LAW, P.A. &
TICKET SOLUTIONS, P.A.
11900 BISCAYNE BLVD. STE 504
MIAMI FL 33181
Registered Agent & Director: TREUSCH, ANDY

SIGNATURE STAFFING SOLUTIONS, INC.
12121 NE 16TH AVENUE
Director: FENTON, FRED G F

CHRISTIAN INFORMATION SERVICE, INC.
12121 NE 16TH AVE.
Directos: FENTON, FRED G; HATMAKER, GEORGE D

EDitor's Staff investigation

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Corporate info ? ..EDitor's Response to the above question posed by consumer:

AUTHOR: anti - ()

Dear Jean,

can you give us the corporate information for the independent, legitimate Roan Communication?

Phisical address, phone, fax, a couple of names from the management? Any kind of license, registration, etc?

Can you give us a list of the companies Roan represents? With the address, phone number of their "corporate headquarters"?

If you send the disputes there you MUST know those addresses....

Thank you.

Roan Communications Company

AUTHOR: Donna - ()

Jean,

First off, I know ROAN is a legitimate company, however, WHY are you being an accomplice to a crime?

If YOUR business is what you say, LET THESE PEOPLE GO, GET OTHER ACCOUNTs, with LEGIT companies! Companies like yours are only accomplices to scams, no matter how legit YOU are.

Apologies

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

To whom it may concern:

We at ROAN Communications, Inc would like to first apologize to those who have received bad customer service from our representatives. Secondly we would like to clarify the matters listed below.

We are a service provider for many different companies. We are not affiliated in any way with them besides providing a place where their customers can call and get some responses. There are processes we have to follow in accordance to the set guidelines provided by these companies.

We are not Hartford Auto Club or any other company except for ROAN Communications. In order to work for them here is the process we have to follow:

1. If you call us and say you were charged then we explain why you were charged.

2. If you say that it was not authorized then we request an investigation from that company. This request forces the company in question to go back to the taped conversation and listen and make sure the customer agreed to the terms. This takes approximately 15 business days. No matter what the outcome the customer receives a letter in the mail with the determination.

3. If you, the customer are not pleased with the result, you can choose to listen to the taped conversation and here it for yourself.

The company has to find misrepresentation in order to have a refund issued. We here at ROAN Communications do not control those factors. All decisions are made at the corporate headquarters of the companies we represent.

Once again we do apologize for the misfortunes and any misunderstandings that occurred. If you have any questions pleas feel free to contact us via rebuttal to this report. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,