Complaint Review: Capital First

• Submitted: Fri, August 23, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, August 23, 2002

• Reported By:St. Louis MO
Capital First
18495 South Dixie Highway Suite 228 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital First, Premium MegaSaver phonecard, Hartford Auto Club phone scam that has ruined my birthday Miami Florida

Today is my birthday and sadly, I was yet another person who became a victim with Capital First Mastercard scam. I have closed all bank accounts and have called the National Fraud Information Center (1-800-876-7060) and reported the fraud. Please make sure that if you were a part of this scam, that you also call 800-276-3079, which is the number for the Premium MegaSaver Phone Card. They will more than likely have your name on their list, enabling them to debit funds from your bank account. I had never talked with this company, but my name and bank account number were on file with them, and they did not seem at all suprised when I brought up Capitol First, fraud, and being scammed.

It seemed as if they were used to getting these types of calls. I don't think I will ever see the $190 that I lost, but at this point, I'm just glad for it to be over...at least I hope it is. I am getting rid of all of my credit cards, and will not be getting any more anytime soon. Good luck. I also emailed Bill O'Reilly (oreilly@foxnews.com) and am hoping to hear something. Everyone who has been lied to by Capitol First needs to email Mr. O'Reilly and tell him your story. If he hears from enough of us, hopefully something will be done.

Kate
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2002 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-First/Miami-Florida-33157/Capital-First-Premium-MegaSaver-phonecard-Hartford-Auto-Club-phone-scam-that-has-ruined-27797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital First