Complaint Review: Capital First

• Submitted: Wed, August 21, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, August 04, 2004

• Reported By:birmingham al
Capital First
18495 South Dixie Hwy Suite 228 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital First is a fraudulent ripoff business from hell Miami Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Concern citizen of Canada

capital first called me also about a credit card and the rep name was andera jones she did not speak english very well the next day i call the number that she gave me and i talked to another male rep(did not get his name) and he told me what the program was all about and i told him to cancel the package and he did and told me that no money would come out of my acct but two days later

i checked my account and the had taken it out so i called the and told them that the guy promised nothing would come out and the rep name jackie told me that it was not true that i had told them to take it out so i told her that i had recored the call with the guy and then she talked to her supervisor and came back and told me they would refund my money but i had to send them a certified letter and fax the a copy

then it would take 48 hours to get it back but the fax number which is (1-800-644-5992) can never get an answer been trying to fax to them for a week but no answer so im saving all the fax reports and send them to my lawyer I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK and i reported them to the better business bureal

calvin
birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2002 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-First/Miami-Florida-33157/Capital-First-is-a-fraudulent-ripoff-business-from-hell-Miami-Florida-27593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital First

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Patricia - (Canada)

I received on the internet a Congratulations you have benn Awarded a Paid (this was in red) 5 Night "Disney Planning Center Vacation" with $1,000.00 Reward Dollars

Plus ( in Red) An exciting Paid(in red) 2 Night Getaway if you call before time runs out?

Which I did. I talked with 3 men the last one was Supervisor / Manager his first name was Tom. He refused to give me his last name. He stated this was not correct. I told him and repeated what was on my screen which I copied. The previous men were very rude and used bad language. I mentioned I was from Canada and they still insisted that it would cost money. for you information the internet site was Http://198.64.142.206/addir/getadx.asp?ext=718

Eddie Avegno was from legal dept. of Summer Bay Resort. re said he agreed with me. He also ask me to give him a week to get back to me. As his boss was away. I gave him 4 extra days after the week. I emailed Eddie at [DELETED]... on July 22 at 12:20 p.m. he read my email on July 22 at 12:56 p.m. I have a read receipt on file.

On July 30 at 8:24 a.m. I sent him another email.
He has not replied. So I am presumming he lied to me. These company should be responsible for their advertising and for their employees.

As I am Canadian I am asking you for your help to get this problem stopped so other don't have to put up with companies like this one. Consumers should be aware of this company. I go to the United States at least twice a year for 1 to 2 weeks each time. Please I would appreciate any help or tell me who I should contact. In Canada it is the Better Business Bureau who handles these problems.

#2 Consumer Suggestion