Complaint Review: Capital First

• Updated: Thu, August 22, 2002

• Reported By:Cleveland Heights Ohio
Capital First
Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital First Bank Credit Card Fraud scam artists pay as you go mastercard? Miami Florida ..Thank You Rip-off Report

I'll start this off by saying that I know Capital First buys your telephone number and associated information. I know this because I used my work cell phone number once, as my home phone number, when I was filling out a form online that was a stipulation of me downloading a program or a serial number for a program. I received a phone call from Betty at Capital First. She informed me that I was pre-approved for a Master Card with a $2500 limit and that all I had to do was answer a few questions. I answered the questions and reluctantly gave up my checking account info.

Well, the $29.95 didn't come out of my account when they said it would, so I didn't really think much of it. Then I started checking the web to see what kind of presence they had established. All I found was the reports I have read here. WHOA!!! I checked my bank account, saw that they had in fact taken the $29.95.

Armed with the info I found here, I flew to the bank, withdrew all but $20, and opened another account, free of charge. I called the customer service number I was given and spoke with Tameka. I told her to cancel my account and that I did not want my account touched again.

She told me that the info I got on the web was false. I informed her that 231 reports from different people, some as new as last week could not all be false. I then instructed Tameka to check out www.ripoffreports.com and search for her company name. Thanx ripoff reports, you saved me over $200.

Cleveland Heights, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2002 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-First/Miami-Florida/Capital-First-Bank-Credit-Card-Fraud-scam-artists-pay-as-you-go-mastercard-Miami-Florida-27670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital First