Complaint Review: Capital Gold - Versa Talk - Freedom Gold

• Submitted: Mon, August 29, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 29, 2005

• Reported By:Staunton Virginia
Capital Gold - Versa Talk - Freedom Gold
freedomgold.com St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Capital Gold - Versa Talk - Freedom Gold Telemarketer ripoff Nationwide

I was contacted by Freedom Gold Buyers Club with an offer that I really was not interested in. Foolishly, I listened and said that I would take a look at their program. I preface this with telling the telemarketer that I was not comfortable with giving out my checking account information and he said that they could not do it without my authorization.

Herein lies the problem. I was told a packet would be sent out to me within 7 days and that I could look at it and call an 800 number if I was not interested, but could keep some gas vouchers etc. if I chose not to use the program. I NEVER RECIEVED ANY INFORMATION from them, and of course, did not think twice about it.

When I began having money taken from my account each month, which caused me $$$$ in overdraft fees, I contacted them. They said they had recorded my OK... and that they had sent me the information and it wasnt thier fault that I didnt get it. I also had withdrawls from a Versa Talk. When I mentioned this to a CS person... they knew exactly who it was and said I would have to call them directly.

Of course when you call these numbers you only get a recorded message and cannot talk to a CS person directly. I found out by calling the Payment Processing center, whose name appears on the "checks" and they said that if you press ## it will get you to them. May I say, I have learned my lesson the hard way but what protection do we as consumers have to keep this from happening? They get the money... we get ripped off!

Staunton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2005 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Gold-Versa-Talk-Freedom-Gold/St-Petersburg-Florida/Capital-Gold-Versa-Talk-Freedom-Gold-Telemarketer-ripoff-Nationwide-155354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Gold - Versa Talk - Freedom Gold