• Report: #220170

• Submitted: Sat, November 11, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, November 11, 2006

• Reported By:Auburn California
Capital Grants Association
1320 Route 9 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Capital Grants Association was told my check was in the mail but it never came Never returned my call Champlain New York

After paying this company the fee they required and waiting a lenghty time to receive my paperwork they called me and told me they mailed me a check certified. I did everything they required to obtain my guaranteed $5,000 grant.

When they received my paperwork back they called after the "5-7" business days to tell me the exciting news! They had mailed my acceptance letter and there was a check with it from the goverment. They could not tell me the full amount of the check since it came from the goverment but it was supposedly over $5,000. When I acted shocked they told me they would have refunded my money if they could not get me the grant.

They told me it would be 3-4 working days until I got it. That was October 20, 2006. I have yet to receive it! I have called everyday for the last 2 weeks and NO ONE will return my call.

The whole reason I need a grant is because my husband and I are adopting a baby Internationally. The most disheartening thing is knowing how important that is to us they blatantly lied to me and do not have they decency to at least call me back and let me know it is not coming. The has been a huge disappointment andd set back for us.

What kind of company does this to people? Most of the reasons people ask for grants are because they are trying to better themselves or the community they live in. I feel to let this company to continue to do business is a detriment to society. I will pursue this matter to the maximum of my potential. I deserve what was promised to me.

Jennifer
Auburn, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2006 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Grants-Association/Champlain-New-York-12919/Capital-Grants-Association-was-told-my-check-was-in-the-mail-but-it-never-came-Never-retur-220170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Grants Association