Complaint Review: Capital Lending

• Submitted: Tue, May 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 03, 2008

• Reported By:Scott Louisiana
Capital Lending
404 Congress St. Ste -1015 Portland, Maine U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-3900817
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Capital Lending Advance Fee Loan Scams, Bad credit lending, Decision based on income not credit Richmond Hill Ontario

*Consumer Comment: I also received an e-mail from "Marta Walsh"

I recently tried to take out a loan for $7000.00 from CAPITAL LENDING. I have had credit problems in the past and was looking for a way to pay off some debt. After being turned down by banks I decided to try this company that had emailed me stating that I was pre-approved. I spoke to a very unprofessional "Loan Consultant" by the name of Marta Walsh. She had me fax her my license and a recent pay stub. I never received a phone call back so I decided to call this Marta person back. She explained to me that I would need wither Co-signer or to make a "security blanket" deposit. I decided I wanted to get the loan on my own in hopes that this may possibly improve my credit. I wired the $874.00 "security blanket" she requested through Western Union to someone in Richmond Hill, Ontario by the name of Ayana Rodriguez. Marta assured me that Canada was only where the funds were coming from and not where their office was. The website (when it was there) www.capitalflending.net showed a Portland, Maine address which is what prompted my suspicion about sending the money to Canada. When it came time to send the contract, they first sent me someone else's via email. I called and notified them of their mistake and then they got it right. My contract was very brief and unprofessional looking. Being the trusting person that I am, I filled out the needed info and faxed it back. I inquired several times about when I would actually get my loan and the story of WHEN became inconsistent. I had previously emails them and left voicemail and none of these communications were ever returned. I straight up confronted this Marta person of "Capital Lending" being a scam and she HUNG UP ON MY. Once again, she NEVER returned my messages or answered when I called. Hysterical, I called the Portland Maine police department who informed me that this was indeed a scam, and to notify the FBI. I have done all this but fear that my deposit is long gone. I read a report on here today I wish I would have found last week describing some of the scammers names that are in fact, the same names on my contract. Those stupid names are: Marta Walsh, Anna Zarboni, Anna Smith, Karen Ocklowsky, Elizabeth Jeffries, and William Richards. The people are unprofessional and don't seem to know too much about loans. A lot of red flags went up that I simply ignored. It was only a few years ago that we could actually trust people and this kind of thing was unheard of. Goodness how times changed! If it sounds too good to be true, trust me it is!!!!

Dawn
Scott, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2008 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Lending/Portland-Maine-704101/Capital-Lending-Advance-Fee-Loan-Scams-Bad-credit-lending-Decision-based-on-income-not-c-333787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Lending

AUTHOR: Mrenaey - (U.S.A.)

I just want to tell you how sorry that I am that you got ripped off. I had received an e-mail myself just today from Marta Walsh whom I was doing a little background check on as well as the company when I seen your story. I see that "Capital Lending" has recently changed addresses. I looked them up on the BBB and nothing had been reported negatively with their company.

I hope that you will also notify them and put what happened to you in their record. Also, when I looked them up, it stated that the number of employees was one, go figure. Although, I almost got scammed recently myself my a company called Eagle Limited Financial, and spoke with a woman named "Jennifer Monroe" who also wanted me to western union $700 to Ontario for a $5000 loan. I was actually in the mist of wiring the funds when something told me "don't do it", I didn't. I decided to do a little investigating online and found that they too had recently changed address and had complaints on the BBB at a previous address.

I wish you luck on your search for a ligitimate loan company who will give people like us another chance to get out of debt.