Complaint Review: Capital Management Services LP Aka Resurgent Capital

• Submitted: Sat, February 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Altoona Florida
Capital Management Services LP Aka Resurgent Capital
cms-collect.com/72 Exchange Street Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

Capital Management Services, Capital Management Services LP ,Resurgent Capital Trying to:: Collecting on a Debt that is more than 10 years old? Buffalo New York

I have received several phone calls from this company on my CELL PHONE. I have had this number for 5 years and I still don't know how they got this number. They are trying to collect $10,000.00 from a debt they say is for "home furnishings." It is in my last name that has not been used in 9 years. I keep asking them, "who are you and what are you trying to collect for?" The answer I receive is, we are Capital Management, trying to collect on a 10,000.00 debt. I really have no idea who you are. I have NEVER had ten thousand dollars worth of "home furnishings" in my life. When it comes down to it, my ex-husband filed a bankruptcy over 8 years ago and it is my belief that "IF" this is a true debt it would have gone into this bankruptcy. My ex, left me for another women 9 years ago when I was in the hospital. I haven't had this last name in 9 years. They just started calling me and they have no grounds whatsoever to try and recover this "debt."

On top of all of this, I was a medical collector for 15 years and know the laws. Yes, I have explained this to them. They don't care and are rude and demanding for something they don't even know what they are collecting on.

Ticked off in florida
Altoona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2009 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Management-Services-LP-Aka-Resurgent-Capital/Buffalo-New-York-14207/Capital-Management-Services-Capital-Management-Services-LP-Resurgent-Capital-Trying-to-426850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Management Services LP Aka Resurgent Capital